Legal follow-ups after a shooting

I’m not sure if this is the correct category to post in, but here goes. It would be interesting to hear from some USCCA members that had to use their insurance after a shooting to see how the process went in getting their legal problems resolved. I apologize if this is the wrong category and if the mods know of a better fit, please move it. Thank you.

5 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and glad to have you here. Anyways in the USCCA portal the have testimonials of people who did have to use deadly physical force. On YouTube search USCCA testimonials. There are a few there also.

5 Likes

Welcome to the family. I have not used my insurance, nor do I hope to ever use it. My one piece of advice would be to do a little bit of homework prior to having to use the insurance (which I pray none of us are ever in a situation that we have to use our USCCA insurance). By that, I mean check out the list of lawyers in your area by using the USCCA attorney network and check out the lawyers in your area. That way if you ever need it, you have the lawyer all decided so that you are not just making a decision in the heat of the moment.

6 Likes

jonnyq60, could you guide me to this “portal” you’re referring to please ? Thanks.

3 Likes

@Dan60 - This page is a pretty good place to start.

4 Likes

Fast advice: Dont talk to the police. Resist the urge to say anything. the cop may be your friend but then again anything you say goes into the report. And now with over eager DAs who may want your hide on the barn door to make a point, dummy up and get with your USCCA lawyer. Remember what they did to Richard Jewel and Robert Flynn. yes, they were federal cops but still.

4 Likes

From the back of the card:

I’m a member in good standing and I sincerely hope I live my life to the fullest without having to use USCCA insurance.

4 Likes

Go to your USCCA ACCOUNT and click on membership and scroll down and you will see a video and click on it. Also search USCCA YouTube channel.

2 Likes

Great responses everyone. One other thing I’ll point out is that even if you don’t choose an attorney and need one, the Critical Response Team will get a USCCA Legal Network Attorney in touch with you ASAP after a physical self-defense incident.

You can specify an attorney outside of our network as well.

You CAN change your attorney after the initial incident response as well.

7 Likes

If I used an Montana address to be a member and was in Washington State were I am not covered, would I be covered? Asking for a friend!

3 Likes

Welcome to the USCCA family! Your post is perfect, for this is an issue we all must consider when dealing with the aftermath of lethal force in self-defense. Johnnyq60 is spot on where to find examples, and testimonials.

2 Likes