Lasr App with SIRT pistol

Has anyone used a next level SIRT Pistol? I have the one based off the Glock 17, and I chose the model with the metal slide to give more accurate feeling of weight. I use that with the Lasr App, so basically it takes my web cam and I can paint targets. I put my boxes over the gaming chair, put a piece of duct tape where I have the target marked, and it records where the laser hits. Its very good dry fire practice considering the trigger resets after each shot.

4 Likes

You can find few threads about SIRT pistol and its usage with Laser Apps already posted at this Community.

But, to make your life easier… :wink: I’ll be the first.

Yes. I do use SIRT 107 with PC version of LASR software.
I use this for engaging multiple targets, but for holster draw and pistol manipulations (reloads, moving, etc) I prefer my EDC pistol with laser bullet in the chamber.

I recently added some challenge to my training. I setup a treadmill 10 yards from the wall with targets and train moving / running and shooting. :upside_down_face: This is a real fun.

7 Likes

Not perfect but I do try.

1 Like

lol jerzy guy, are you from Jersey? South Philly born and raised here.

2 Likes

I have the browser version as I can switch between any device including phone. They charge $100 per year for the license, but I bought it through next level and it cost me $100 for a perpetual license.

2 Likes

Nope… Jerzy has nothing to do with Jersey. :rofl:

Jerzy is from IL, raised in :poland:

:love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Yeap. I’ve got very first version. Perpetual licence for PC only. But I’m happy with it. Works great with even old crappy webcam :grinning:

1 Like

the setup instructions are less than desirable…

1 Like

I googled it. These days you can find hundreds videos with instructions.
What I’ve noticed I cannot use white targets,but other that that - all is pretty straightforward

1 Like

No Sirt, but I love my Mantis.

3 Likes

Nice! How is the pricing?

1 Like

Well…from website Lastly,
" MantisX is now compatible with SIRT pistols. For those who like everything in one package, we’d love to see an integrated version in the future."

2 Likes

The one I have, MT-4004 (Mantis Laser Academy) is now $159.

1 Like

Ok, is that yearly or one time purchase? and does it include updates?

1 Like

Yes, a great option. What I like with the laser cartridge, though, is that I can use my real guns to train with not only the “models” that Sirt pistols come in. Drawback, of course, is that you have to partly rack it to reset the trigger so for the times in many of the exercises, such as the one I shared, only the first shot really matters. The follow-ups include racking.

3 Likes

Yes the SIRT self resets, i have seen dry fire methods you can use with any weapon that involve CO2 to force the slide to move. The advantage there is shooting a gun that has physics in place is better then a pistol that has none. One thing I have learned from range time, is i anticipate the recoil which makes my shot placement less then ideal.

2 Likes

Remember - anticipation doesn’t come from your firearm. Anticipation is created and made in your head.
You won’t get rid of this with any laser or CO2 pistols.
You need learn how to manipulate the trigger and let the pistol do its job. The muzzle flip and recoil can be defeated with good, solid grip. But still - muzzle flip and recoil will occur. Just don’t fight with them.
With solid grip your pistol will come back to its original position, meaning the sights or dot will be in the same spot as before previous shot. No needs to do any additional movements which will bring the muzzle down.

4 Likes

Oh i know, I am just recognizing the different feedback I get from dry fire and live fire.

1 Like

Dry fire is good for mastering technique.
All mental stuff can be learned during live fire.

2 Likes

I should, of course, also have thrown in that in a life or death, defensive, situation first shot matters most! My sniper buddy always told me, ONLY the first shot matters. :slightly_smiling_face: