LAPD swears in police officers who are DACA recipients and entered US illegally

Tell me again who can carry a weapon in CA?

And why not just outsource policing to cartels and be done with it already.

https://lawenforcementtoday.com/no-this-isnt-satire-newly-sworn-los-angeles-police-officers-daca-recipients-who-entered-us-illegally

7 Likes

You can tell how a publication feels about a subject by the picture they use of the person giving out the information.

PS: not sure how this will go over here or if you can apply the same logic. Pres Lincoln said after the Civil War about amnesty for the Confederate soldiers who swore allegiance to the USA: Do I not kill my enemy when I make him my friend.

I guess the question comes down to: are we creating friends or allowing our enemy to infiltrate us?

6 Likes

I’m happy and thankful I don’t live in such a wrong state.

10 Likes

@Randy154 Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you with us. :slightly_smiling_face:

Still waiting for that giant earthquake. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes

Almost certainly both.

I guess I have mixed feelings on this one. Suspect these people were mostly kids whose parents broke the law and dragged them across the border without giving them much choice. Add to that our government has been allowing their parents to pretty much openly break the law and cross our boarders in droves for decades.

Further add how few people in their right minds want to become a police officer in such a pro crime and anti LEO place as L.A. The officials there have to take whoever they can get to do the thankless and incredibly risky job.

The trick is not allowing our LEO forces to be infiltrated and overrun by members of criminal organizations as in completely failed States like Mexico. But that has always been an issue and I don’t think the threat is any greater from DACA kids than it is from the kids of US citizens growing up in gang infested neighborhoods.

8 Likes

Some good points. My take as a Commiefornia resident for 55+ years. I have now been waiting almost a year for permission to take the qual class and test for my CCW. Born citizen, no arrests, supposedly purple county less than 15 minutes from the hellhole of LA. Why do lawbreakers get preference over my legitimate desire/need to protect myself? And after Jan1 when SB2 takes effect, the CCW will be almost useless.

8 Likes

Wait…You don’t think the cartels…noooo…no way that would happen

6 Likes

Pretty obvious that the goal of CA’s politicians is to make it so only violent criminals and LEO’s can carry firearms in public. With an exemption for politicians and the rich people who contribute to their campaigns of course.

7 Likes

Welcome

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Randy154

2 Likes

When I did the academy out of high school, there was a criminal background check prior to school. Assume there would be a criminal background check prior to being a law enforcement agent. Just my .02.

3 Likes

Pls don’t take this the wrong way. You know what happens when you assume…

6 Likes

Look at Minneapolis it’s pretty much turned into Baghdad, how is that working out. My thought about Southern California is, pretty soon the border won’t matter. You won’t be able to tell which country your in anyways.

8 Likes

It doesn’t matter now, there is no border thanks to brandon … I think thats one of the reasons that california has a big spike in firearm purchases and ccw permits.

5 Likes

Yeah i think Illinois has a law now where illegals to become cops. Probably to go door to door to keep the illegal contraband out of the public hands

5 Likes

…and y’all are surprised by this, because…after a Chinese police station opened in NYC. Nothing should shock or surprise you now.
We should all be prepared for what’s to come.

9 Likes

DACA folks will do the bidding of those who promises them path to citizenship, and against those who promise them one way ticket to their home countries. There are obvious controls over the officers of the Law and their loyalty by one political party!
The loyalty of armed criminals is dubious, but I suppose they can be promised restorative justice, no cash bail, placement in women’s prisons, etc.

6 Likes

That could be a problem. But law enforcement doing the bidding of those in power or sometimes those that want to be in power due to shared political agendas, for some extra cash or for the guarantee of future employment has always been a problem.

5 Likes

Or it’s leading up to a Civil War.

“I’m American!”

“Ok, what kind of American?”

5 Likes

I feel if it comes to a fight it would be a revolution against the current government’s of the world’s

4 Likes