Lady with a gun

Sorry. Mainstream media =zero credibility for me. Can’t read it any more.

3 Likes

Just like you won’t find Hunter and Joe Biden corruption stories on Left leaning media you aren’t going to find anti Trump stories on right leaning media. Trump anti 2A stories are even harder to come by because it doesn’t play well into either side’s agenda.

Unfortunately you have to wade through the crap both sides are dishing out to find the kernels of truth that occasionally slip through. Or we can just only look at stories that confirm our biased opinions and call all the rest lies. Seems to be how the majority of Americans make their decisions these days.

4 Likes

Yeah, it might be a hard job to parse through everything that is being said, but if you don’t you’ll have a skewed view that is not based on actual facts. We need to be armed with the truth, not just our opinions and what “we heard”.

Trump did claim to be a 2A ally, but there were moments like this that should have scared the crap of every single American, not just 2A advocates. There is Due Process for a reason, and it is a right also protected by the constitution. You can’t willy-nilly decide what rights to protect and which ones to trample on.

I specifically was looking for his quote straight from the horses mouth, because I don’t like to get second hand sources. Relevant video starts at 40 seconds.

Overall, he did some damage by using executive order to have the ATF do unlawful stuff, because it was “convenient.”

Recently the senate republicans helped the democrats do exactly what he said, “take the guns first, go through due process second.” The Senate Red Flag Law Bill passed. Biden is a completely different wrecking ball, and thankfully the courts are starting to screw up his anti-2A agenda. But Trump didn’t do us many favors.

6 Likes

“you aren’t going to find anti Trump stories on right leaning media.”

I’d like to hear some anti-Trump stories that are factual. Can you point me to those please?

4 Likes

If a story confirms my bias, it better be based on facts.

1 Like

Politics wins again!!

I give up.

2 Likes

Sorry Mike.
Politics does seem to invade every aspect of our lives at this point. I think that’s important to realize at this juncture though.

I will jump off this soapbox now.

2 Likes

https://www.rwarms.com/firearm-industry/leading-retailer-of-bump-stocks-to-turn-in-entire-inventory-to-atf/

1 Like

It is unfortunate that politics is involved, but when it comes to our constitutionally protected rights it is sort of inevitable. It is most usually politicians that are attempting to infringe on them.

One sad fact is that a lot of us 2A defenders/proponents have been “too lazy”, “disengaged”, or “disconnected” to care about politics. Then we have states like Virginia, where I live in, where we have to claw our ways out of infringement. We are still fighting that fight.

Politics are “boring”, and “nasty”, but if we fall asleep at the wheel politicians will trample all over us. NY, WA, and CA didn’t get the way they are overnight. It has been a gradual process. We, in our collective “it’s politics, I don’t care attitude”, have allowed this to happen.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Edit:
Another problem is that it used to be that you could count that democrats would attempt 2A infringements, and republicans would oppose them. That is no longer the case. Look at the latest Red Flag Laws bill that passed the senate, and you see 13-15 republicans that screwed us. I used to hate being involved in anything political. I still hate it, but if I don’t do something, who will?

The least we can do is educate others when their rights are being trampled or about to be trampled, and support organizations that are actually doing something.

I’ll get off my soapbox too, and return this channel to it’s regularly scheduled programming - back to “Lady with a gun”. :laughing:

8 Likes

Right? Something that would be considered threatening to a woman or a 75-year-old man may not be as threatening to a fit 30-year-old. What might be justified for the first two may not be justified for the 30 yr old

4 Likes

That’s always the best option… if it is available to you

5 Likes