2012-07-15 14.55.46

And they ALL Survived.

13 Likes

And in the true spirit of adventure
NO FRIGGIN HELMETS
 :metal:

9 Likes

Yeah, sometimes you survive things.

I have a friend of a friend who is an alcoholic. Like, serious alcoholic. He has drunk totaled out at least two vehicles.

Hasn’t been seriously injured or injured anybody else yet.

But I’m not going to say it’s okay or good just because there haven’t been real consequences for him.

I also know people who violate the firearm safety rules. Finger on the trigger all the time. Sweeping/muzzling other people with a loaded gun all the time. Nothing bad has happened. But I’m not going to post pictures of them pointing their loaded gun at their friend and say it’s the true spirit of whatever.

Just
my perspective.

that said, most golf carts aren’t all that fast and and if they are driven sanely, by people who sit down, and they aren’t driven on public roads shared with multi-ton real vehicles, should be okay

1 Like

YET!

I FEEL for the kids born to Alcoholic parents, they almost don’t stand a chance at life.
I should know I am one. In a sort of ‘pardon’ to my father it wasn’t really his fault.
He didn’t have Alcoholic parents, it doesn’t run in our blood line, we are Warrior’s, not drunks.
Before he served in the CBI: China, Burma, India in WW2 he was a handsome (like me!)
strapping (well, like I use to be) Young fella
well
 :laughing:
Anyway he told me (2) horror stories of what he went through (God bless him for that) that put my life on a path of SHEEPDOG for life. It was a rocky start, I did really stupid SH** early on, took ridiculously STUPID, Risky, INSANE chances and by the grace of God Survived (see I stayed on topic!)
I shouldn’t be here right now. How that happened can only be attributed to the Big Guy Upstairs.
Kids are resilient, they HAVE to be! I thought of some of the crazies things to entertain myself and my friends to escape the horror of the Household that I wouldn’t dream of attempting today.
Sliding down a hill in winter on the hood of a car in a freakin’ snowstorm (Folk’s , this hill was called ‘the Soup Bowl’ The KILLER of Children! How fun! Let’s do it again!)
Armored car @ (18) ! ZERO gunner experience and I picked the worst possible area’s of Brooklyn NEW YORK where I was the ONLY White face for miles! Bensonhurst! (Be sure to order that Tombstone early young man!) Freaking totally brainless stupid!
I will skip the next couple of stupid’s and jump to the main course

Hey Don102, Let’s go to Mogadishu, HOA! “It’ll be fun they said! An experience they said!”
Hey, at least they were right about that!
How the hell am I still here? :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:
I have a couple of exhausted ANGEL’S upstairs that are prolly beggin’ to retire or be replaced!
They certainly earned every grey hair! ('Um, Lord Sir, I’m done!)

So the moral of this story Cats and Kiddies is if you SEE a kid doing stupid SH**
HELP them, Guide them
Yes, it will be a ‘learning experience’ for them
IF THEY SURVIVE IT!
You may get push back from them, you may be called ‘stupid old man’ (I was) but at least TRY!
The life you save may be their own.

adonde nosotros vamos uno nosotros ir todo!!!
Nessun passo sul serpente

4 Likes

Do you know what kind of heat we would have taken when i was a kid and showed up wearing one of those dorky bicycle helmets they wear today?? It wouldn’t have been pretty!

6 Likes

I rode a junk bike down a 100’ cliff into a gravel pit. Hit a huge mound of sand at the bottom and flew at least 20’ landing on another mound of sand - got up completely unhurt, no scratches, nothing. My friends were too chicken to try it. :sunglasses:

I will say, when I was nearing the bottom and had no way to slow down, I was thinking, “Oh, s—!” I was trying to figure out the best way to, uh, land, as it was quite a steep angle of descent. That’s when I thought, if I hit the mound of sand, it should make me propel through the air and not directly into the ground. Great on-the-fly science experiment. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: BICYCLE Helmets! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:
“What r u a Poooooooooosie?” are you a Flagget!!!? Yes sir The Kid ,I know what you mean!
I would be Laughed off the block AFTER I was stomped!
And when your neighbor was John Friggin’ Teflon Don’ Gotti ! Complete w/ Hot N Cold runnin’
Gangster’s, Body Guards, wanna-Bee’s and the Fed’s you could understand my reluctance
at wearing ANY kind of protection that would make me appear weak or Flaggetty!
His son one time got ‘bumped’ by a car (Grazed really) when we were playing stickball and MR.Gotti was in his yard (probably havin’ a Diet Coke,yeah, Yaeh a diet coke! dats right!)
(w/ about six of his runty (6’6" or less) um
‘support staff’
The guy that bumped the kid (not you brother) must have lived in a cave NOT knowing what street he was on and who OWNED that street he argued w/ Sir Gotti until all of a sudden he got a clue (and was surrounded by his
staff
 I NEVER saw anybody go bloodless before right before my eyes. He brushed John Jr. off, made sure he was OK, then smacked him for being careless and sent him in the house (tough Italian love right?)
Then he focused on Mr. Dumbass
Ruh Roe
cue bury him in a deep hole and throw away the hole music
 words were exchanged I HEARD the guy say his address
(NYC Gansta TIP: DO NOT GIVE JOHN GOTTI YOUR ADDRESS! (I mean he’ll find it anyway by runnin’ your plate but make him work for it at least and you can finalize your Hereafter plans) Take a beating, urinate on yourself but don’t do this) I’m sure he disappeared quite soon after this
um
Final Life Lesson.
ON TOPIC: J.J, NEVER played stick ball again in the street, TOO DANGEROUS! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
When I was a young teen and I was gettin’ smacked around he use to make a fist at me and did his best Jackie Gleason ‘Bang-Zoom’ impression telling me to retaliate against my father
Everybody knewDon’t RAT! Don’t tell in those days (I just got out when I could)You don’t poke the Bear and then STILL live in the same house
Not Healthy.
So, that’s why I stick up for the Innocent, the Little guy, the battered Women, the poor helpless migrant
(well strike THAT ONE NOW) :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I once jumped out of a PERFECTLY GOOD airplane on a dare!

Just ONCE! (and left a trail of Puddin’ in my wake!) I don’t mind admitting that
while really embarrassing it just proves I’m not totally stupid (a second time is just stupid)
But when you get a Wolf Pack of SF’s and Delta’s who do it ‘Just for fun’
and you wish to keep your ‘Street Cred’s’ intact ! You do it once and they leave you alone
(until they think of something more insane for you to try! ) 
 'C’mon Don, It’ll be fun!"
Can’t I just shoot myself (for your amusement) and call it a day I thought ?

OH Wait, i don’t want to take up another post space:
"Did you ever hear of ‘HUMMER Jousting’? It is what it sounds like! INSANE! and guy’s BET on
these 
participants, like in Medieval times
 We lost a few Hummer’s in actually Combat so the taxpayer wouldn’t be upset!

5 Likes