Kansas Schoolgirl Arrested, Charged with Felony for Brandishing Finger Gun

The whole thing sounds shaky to me and that paragraph sounds like a story that was generated later to give the girl cover.

2 Likes

You asked what is wrong with the world. Well, itā€™s went ape ā– ā– ā– ā– . One of these days one group or another is going to be offended by being said hello to. My children have long gone from the nest. But if I had a child of any age they would never see the inside of any school what so ever. Kids need to learn from someone smarter than they are and from what Iā€™ve been reading in the last several years it sure ainā€™t the teachers and principals of late. Ok, some exceptions should be noted. There are some excellent educators, as there are excellent cops. And maybe they do actually out number the bad ones, but rarely do I read about them, and my misfortune Iā€™ve only met a very few of the good ones in 76 years on this planet, and a whole big bunch of the less than quality ones.

3 Likes

And maybe they do actually out number the bad ones, but rarely do I read about them

Isnā€™t this the same argument we, as gun owners make?

3 Likes

I responded to a scene as a flight medic, a woman had shot a man driving their car.

No I donā€™t know why,

But while we were fighting desperately for her life, other people were taking selfies of themselves with the dead man. Standing in line waiting there turn . Freaking teenagers.

Once we got the woman as safe as she was going to be I grabbed the state trooper who had just arrived and asked him to break it off so I could do time of death and such. I have never been so sickened by people in my life.

Their is something desperately wrong with our society where we can be so worried sick about being PC and SJW virtue signaling each other yet have such a complete lack of empathy.

6 Likes

Very observant. Actually I never gave it a thought. You are right. And maybe thatā€™s part of the problem, all the way round. Some where reason or the ability thereof jumped off the train a long way back up the tracks.

Sam Hill

4 Likes

Thanks Sam. Thatā€™s what I like about this forumā€¦we all learn from each other.

3 Likes

My Dad would have whipped our butts for pointing even a toy gun at a person or anything except a legitimate target. He said pointing even toy guns at people or animals was practicing bad habitsā€¦ and that we learned good habits by practicing the safety rules even with toy guns. It works, too.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll admit, we had nerf gun wars in my house when my kids were little. My rule was no head shots. I refused to say ā€œyouā€™ll shoot your eye outā€, but I didnā€™t need anyone getting shot in the eye. When real guns were in the picture as the kids grew up, the nerf gun wars ended. I miss the nerf gun warsā€¦ :cry:

2 Likes

So how is it from legal perspective?

NO FELONY ?
nurf1

FELONY ?
nurf2

:thinking:

2 Likes

I know Iā€™m late to the party but this reminds me of when my son was suspended from school for 3 days in 1st grade because he brought his plastic Play-Doh knife to school. Mind you we werenā€™t aware he did it until after the fact but we are talking a smooth dull knife shaped object which is less dangerous then the plastics in the cafeteria!

2 Likes