Just for fun!

So ladies and gents, this hit me lastnight when retiring for the day/night…
How long does it take you to de-carry?
What is your routine like?
I just for the heck of it looked at the clock just to see took me about 9 min.
Go through clothing(make sure no rounds in the pants pockets… (Don’t want that going through the laundry!:flushed:)
Taking out knives, extra magazines, flashlight, wallet keys securing pistol, putting belt away… You get the idea.
Just curious
Thanks all!

3 Likes

Interesting question. I’m not totally sure, I do have a decent EDC. I might just have to do this tonight :grinning:

1 Like

It takes me about 1 to 2 minutes. I have it in a pocket or IWB Kydex holster which is easy to remove from my person and right into the safe and take out my HD gun and ready for bed.

3 Likes

:grinning: good question… deassembling carried stuff… 10 seconds.
Only two belt clips of IWB holster.
My knife leaves the pocket for laundry only.

Please don’t ask how long does it take to put the holster on :grimacing:

2 Likes

3-4 minutes. I don’t do it, unless I’m going to be showering, then going to bed.

2 Likes

Since I practice dry firing before I go to bed my gun is already in the room. I usually practice for about a half hour at night then go to bed. I keep the dry fire room free of ammo due to safety reasons. Girlfriend on the other hand takes about 45 minutes to do her whole routine.

3 Likes

Not long, a few minutes tops. I like to keep my guns in their own case so everything goes with them if I am travelling. Everything has its slot so I am less likely to forget something and put it through the laundry.

6 Likes

:scream:
I feel like Kindergarten Cop seeing your stuff…

3 Likes

Under 30 seconds from start to in safe. IWB holster and mag holster unclip and clip into safe ready for the next use.

2 Likes

@Todd30
The one time it is a good thing for women to take a long time to get ready.

3 Likes

@Greg1
Beautiful!

3 Likes

Only a couple minutes. Daily carry is mostly clip-on items: holster (with attached extra mag holder) pocket folder knife, and flashlight, plus car fob, and wallet. It all goes on my EDC dump tray. Doesn’t take long to put it all back on either.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who showers with my firearms? Lol little humor to the discussion.

3 Likes

hahahha I do all that as soon as I get home from work. I always end up forgetting about money though. I usually just lay down and im out like a switch

1 Like

ditto exactly

1 Like