July 22

​is a date when things may get real interesting… China???

1 Like

Care to elaborate on such a specific date?
Is this a date that will live in infamy, because I’ll need to get ready!

3 Likes

You have given us the when but what are the who (maybe China?), what, where (maybe China?) and why?

4 Likes

July 22nd is the day I’ll be celebrating World Brain Day.

This is one of the most important annual celebrations in the World, as it helps raise awareness on an increasingly significant health issue, especially in our modern age. Brain health can refer to many prevention methods designed to help preserve both mental health and brain neurological health. As people have become increasingly more vulnerable to neurological issues, raising awareness of the issue is as important.

6 Likes

Yup it’s my birthday :grin::grin:

5 Likes

Happy Anniversary @Jerzees ! We appreciate ya,

5 Likes

Happy 4 years in this community @Jerzees! Thanks for all that you have done here in that time.

4 Likes

On This Day, July 22

1456 - Hungarian forces led by János Hunyadi, including an untrained army of peasants, won one of the most remarkable victories in the history of Turkish wars, resisting the Ottoman sultan Mehmed II’s siege of Belgrade.

1812 - The duke of Wellington defeated “40,000 Frenchmen in 40 minutes” at Salamanca, Spain, during the Peninsular War.

1923 - American baseball player Walter Johnson became the first pitcher in the MLB to strike out 3,000 batters; his career record of 3,508 strikeouts stood until 1983.

1933 - American aviator Wiley Post completed the first solo flight around the world; he covered 15,596 miles (25,099 km) in 7 days, 18 hours, 49 minutes.

1943 - Led by U.S. General George S. Patton, Allied forces took Palermo, on the northwest corner of Sicily, giving them a strategic foothold from which to invade mainland Italy during World War II.

1946 - A violent Jewish right-wing underground movement in Palestine, the Irgun Zvai Leumi, blew up a wing of the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, killing 91 soldiers and civilians.

1959 - The sci-fi film Plan 9 from Outer Space —starring Bela Lugosi and directed by Ed Wood, Jr., considered by some as the most inept director in film history—was released in American theatres; described as the “worst movie ever made,” it became a cult classic.

2011 - Terrorist attacks on Oslo and the island of Utøya in Norway resulted in the deaths of 77 people; Anders Behring Breivik later confessed to the attacks.

3 Likes

IMG_3472

4 Likes

Much like y2k and every other day with a 7 or 3 in it.

2 Likes

Happy Anniversary @Jerzees

3 Likes

Happy anniversary! Time flies…

2 Likes

Looks like July 16th should more important for me than July 22nd… :joy: :joy: :joy:

Thank you all for reminding me how old I am…
I’m sorry @OldDude49 for making July 22nd not so interesting as we thought it would be… :wink:

4 Likes

Happy 4th Anniversary Jerzy! Live Long and prosper! :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

Happy Anniversary @Jerzees
Thank you for all that you have done here on the community, and we are looking forward to more from you in the future. :cake: :cake: :cake:

4 Likes

O ya he let me know he was the very first to welcome me to the community and yes we Love our Jerzy happy that word brother love ya Bobby Jean :owl::feather::feather::chile::statue_of_liberty:

1 Like

Don102 is our little Jerzy , 44, ??? If so I AM ready for the old FOKES home I know he knows ALOT I thought he was early 30,”s Thank full to have him he is a sweet little guy with a temper. Love ya Jerzy , happy day stay frosty one and all Bobby Jean :owl::feather::feather:we own the night , Love ya Donny peace out :chile: