Japan’s Gun Laws Worked So Well They Need to Ban Crossbows

4 Likes

Interesting article.

3 Likes

Before long, it will be “Knives take lives”. Truly illiberal thinking is a curse on every culture on the globe.

6 Likes

A few years back I flew down to Florida for a trade show - Didn’t want to fly with a gun so I took 4 knives.

According to the TSA I had to store my knives in checked luggage but could carry on a butter knife which I found ironic after watching this video

4 Likes

Throwing stars are already illegal in my state. Because, you know, all those active-ninja mass-murders.

Actually, I think it has something to do with either anti-Asian sentiment (remember how much the UAW hated Japan in the 1980s?) or stupid teenage boys hurting themselves. Maybe both. It’s still a stupid law, though. There’s no law against me pretending to be Mel Gibson and throwing an axe, but I can get fined or arrested if I pretend to be Bruce Lee.

4 Likes

I would like to see more of these marketed to the older folks.

6 Likes

Illegal in Alabama except on your own property. Will leave it to you to guess why I know that.

4 Likes
3 Likes

5lbs of hickory is also no joke

5 Likes

Neither is 7 lbs of a 3ft long damascus steel blade and a mil spec strength aluminum sheath. But I’m just guessing at all that. :innocent::us::us:

6 Likes

It’s just a matter of changing self defense weapons. This is how telekinesis mutates.

2 Likes

We have one in Milwaukee, too - alcohol and axe throwing, what could go wrong?

7 Likes

Exactly!

When I drink at night the bang bangs go into a drawer but I keep 36" long by 3" diameter manzanita bird perches (we sell them) by each entry door

• manzanita is 10 times harder than oak
3 Likes

Entire list of banned “weapons” in the UK, not just knives. But obedient and loyal subjects of the Crown must even get a gov’t permit to buy kitchen knives and table cutlery.

5 Likes

Now I have to check my current state & the one I’m moving to! I’ve got one I inherited & never really thought about until I had to begin using a cane from time to time. I would never use that one for practical purposes bc of its age, etc but I had planned to get one I could use! Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Nothing can go wrong here. In fact, in movies, didn’t they always juice the guy who was about to get something amputated with a good dose of whiskey? Think Kirk Douglas in The Big Sky.

1 Like

We buy old flatware specifically for throwing, including spoons! Anything can be a weapon in the right hands!

3 Likes

Viggo: “I once saw him kill three men in a bar with a pencil— with a f*ing pencil.”

3 Likes

Baba Yaga

1 Like

Weapons ban is a stupid idea, ever.

By the time when people resort to kill people using bare hands and kicking, is government going to order hands and feet chopped off?

2 Likes