IWB mag carriers

Hey all. I’m considering getting a single or double (harder to find) mag carrier for the PPS M2 and the VP9SK. I like Tulster stuff and I found what looks nearly identical from Concealment Express. They each seem to offer only single mag holders. Is a double really necessary…like zombieland time?

Tulster Pro version is $10 cheaper at $25 each than the regular version…so I don’t get that. CE is $20 w/out a sale.

https://tulster.com/echo-mag-carriers/

https://www.concealmentexpress.com/products/kydex-single-magazine-holster-mag-carrier

Are the eBay cheapies trouble?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X2NNRZW/

Do you have good/bad experienced to share with these or other brands?

I need to find a mag holder for my extra mags for my Ruger lcp. I always have one extra mag with and at the end of the day I find 3 loose bullets in my pocket. Evidentially they come loose during the day and are just laying in my pocket. I’ve gotten some strange looks when I get change out of my pocket and have change mixed with .380 hollow points, lol.

1 Like

Kind of like buying from kohls, dont pay full price. I have a couple of these and like them.

1 Like

I like my Crossbreed holster and mag carrier. Really makes carrying a little more comfortable. Good call. :+1:

2 Likes

Recently ordered a Vedder IWB holster, but hasn’t arrived yet. I’ve been using the Galco Pocket Mag Carrier (PMC) a lot recently… although it’s for the pocket, not IWB.

Crossbreed has something similar:

2 Likes

Have any of you ever used one of these?

Tough crowd. :slight_smile:

I ordered two of these in black. Lovely units. Good quality. Reasonable price, especially considering their flexibility. Worth noting that the PPS single stack 9mm mags have very limited friction, as would most other single stack 9mm rounds. I added a wide elastic under their grey one to effectively add more friction/tension, and the units work great. They are superb in double stack and I recommend them!

2 Likes

I just don’t think many people have tried that setup. If you would be so kind, please give us a long term review (maybe after 6 months of use. I’ve had bad experinces with plastic clips on my cell phone holder, and bad experience with elastic bands losing tension over time, but would hope your experience with this magazine holder is positive. Looking forward to the long term reivew! :smiley:

1 Like

I will try to remember. Feel free to send me a reminder!

In the end, I just received a kydex for the VP9SK too, so I’ll likely use one of the mag holders for it and the other for the PPS. They really are nice little items.

2 Likes

Anyone know of a good horizontal mag carrier?

Horizontal mag carrier -

This is what I use to carry my spare 1911 magazine. I simply route my belt through the molle straps. I carry this at 10 o’clock.

2 Likes

Sadly, the universal mag carriers are to be returned. In practical use, they are actually quite difficult to put on and take off. The same rubber that allows them to expand is really in the way when trying to get them over a jeans/belt combination. Kydex seems a much better choice. DRAT! :space_invader:

2 Likes

I got these. Very comfortable.

2-Pack Universal Magazine Holster IWB Clip | 9mm .40 .45 | Mag Holster For Glock 19 43 17 Sig 1911 S&W M&P | Fits Any 7 10 15 Round Clips For All Pistols | Gun Ammunition Holsters | Handgun Ammo Pouch Amazon.com

I currently use these as well. They work great and are affordable. I have two carry guns, one in 9mm the other 45. I think my pants are too tight for the 45 mag to be easily as was able and comfortable, but the 9mm works great. It doesn’t help that the 45 has that really great but also scratchy new S&W grip texture.