Is your holster wearing out?

You wear it every day. It gets battered and heated, scratched and freezing cold. Let’s face it, your holster goes through a lot. How often do you inspect it for damage? Do you know what you’re looking for?

Here’s a blog post that may help!
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/is-your-holster-dangerous/

What kind of wear and tear does your holster show? Have you ever had to replace your EDC holster?

2 Likes

You got me looking at my holster now… :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

My holster is fine. I’m the one that’s tired and worn out. Or as I tell my friends, my warranty has expired and my parts are wearing out.

6 Likes

My Tulster is holding up just fine. Walther PPS M2 9/40 - Profile IWB Kydex Holster - Right Hand | Tulster

1 Like

My hubby wore out a safari land kydex… it cracked. But it was his EDC for probably 10 years… I think he got more than his money’s worth.

2 Likes

His moneys worth…then some!!!

1 Like

So far, all good. I did break a kydex mag holder. It stayed on my belt, but the clip was cracked.

2 Likes

I use wallet holsters, the sueded flat side deforms around the handle and slide after about 2 years. So, the holster actually starts printing outline of the handle against the pocket. Spending $50 once every two years is not too bad.

2 Likes

Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 is going on its 4th year. The leather is definitely wearing out, the kydex is still holding up marvelously. I should get ahold of AG and see about making use of their lifetime warranty.

2 Likes

Not sure what checklist. It keeps going to domestic violence.