Is this for real or a hoax?

1 Like

It’s for real but it’s worth absolutely nothing. Except a one way trip to jail

11 Likes

Depends where you are… Indiana LTCH is apparently free. Submit application, fingerprints, and local LE processing…

2 Likes

It’s one of those frauds just legal enough to keep the postal inspector away. Best CCW info is from your local County Sheriff’s Dept. website.

My favorite scam was the Florida summer camp for high school kids that guaranteed they would be able to pass Navy BUDS training.
After a kid got hurt in the first class(for lack of a better word)… They got a visit from a SEAL Team stationed in the area. Reports are thin after that, but final word is they closed for good after refunding all tuitions and deposits in full.

4 Likes

We discussed this few months ago. In some cases this may work. It’s just non resident CC License which can cover few extra States.

… and I found it… here is the thread with permit offered to me:

4 Likes

In Texas, it is ok to take a valid online LTC class but you also must do a range qualification.

4 Likes

And spend $$ that could go toward adopting a homeless firearm :pleading_face:

4 Likes

Yeah, but you don’t get the shiny badge… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@JamesR, valid point! @Vince763, you should see if they send the badges!

3 Likes

As a concealed carry permit holder we don’t need no stinking badges. I believe you pull that out and show it to a LEO he would probably say are you impersonating an officer. I have seen them in the Security Officer supply stores for about 15 dollars. I would not buy it.

10 Likes

In Louisiana you would be crying all the way down too the jail-house if you thought it applied here. Charge:Felony Possession of a Concealed Handgun

My second thoughts are…
Online is not where you should get a permit even though states like Alabama approve this message :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

That and 5 dollars still wont get you coffee at Starbucks (but who drinks that stuff anyway).

7 Likes

You tell me @DBrogue :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

That or you might be charged with deadly assault on an officer after he/she almost dies from laughing so hard at it… :wink:

4 Likes

Seen these at most local gun shows, I think they finance the gun show loophole!

1 Like

I’ve heard that if you have a CCP and you flash a shiny little badge to someone, then you are liable for impersonating an officer.
I have also never seen anywhere that issues badges to CCP holders.

2 Likes

I get emails that tout this occasionally. If you click through (I did on the first one, out of curiosity), you get taken to a page that pushes signing up for an expensive concealed carry class. I stopped at that point.

Folks, don’t carry a badge like that. Just don’t. It’s a bad idea.

2 Likes

- Officer, I’ve got a permit… here on my chest…

A_20200813_02

3 Likes

Well it’s definitely concealed! Not too covert, but definitely concealed!

1 Like

I’m thinking their “permit” would only be issued in Constitutional carry states, where you don’t need one anyway. The badge is a bad idea, as flashing that is a real crime most anywhere.

1 Like