Is "solar eclipse" a code for something?

8 Likes

I think it mainly has to do with a large influx of people all along the path of the eclipse. Towns can be inundated with visitors, causing temporary food, water, and gasoline shortages that can cause people’s emotions to flare up.

8 Likes

Hopefully the truckers STOPPED all deliveries!
I’ll grab my popcorn and watch it burn!
Could possibly be the biblical event we’ve been waiting for!

5 Likes

I’m going to Oklahoma to watch it,…

Yes, cellular channels get overwhelmed in the path of totality.

I experienced that during the 2017 eclipse that crossed over Wyoming.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m going armed!

And I’m going to a buddies property where I can camp for a few days…

If SHTF in those 4 minutes of darkness,… well I consider myself a survivalist, I will find a way to deal with what I’m handed.

6 Likes

Think this hits the nail on the head. Plus local LEOs will be busy dealing with the extra traffic and maybe an increase in accidents due to the traffic and some drivers looking at the eclipse instead of the road.

Also wouldn’t be surprised if you had some criminals taking advantage of all the extra targets and distractions the event will bring.

6 Likes

California is not in the path but we could send our thugs with one-way tickets to NY.

4 Likes

I am (proudly) NOT a New Yawka but my observations from the outside are simply that this event should not require any special preparation since New York has been operating in the dark for as long as I can remember.

8 Likes

Place your bets.

10 Likes

Oh Great Karacal, I feel better now…sheesh!

6 Likes

DO NOT forget the Comet coming through too!

There will be wars, natural disasters, and it gets real bad. just saying! :woozy_face: :pleading_face:

9 Likes

I guess that means I won’t have to renew my permit???

8 Likes

But you you still have to pay your taxes :grin:

8 Likes

At least you can wait til the 15th to file. At least we’ll know

4 Likes

IMG_5021

9 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODD I hope you pulled the battery out of the smoke alarm. :rofl:

9 Likes

NY city and most of the rest of NY are two entirely different places. Unfortunately the rest of NY has to deal with all the mandates put in place by all the NYC and Albany politicians.

5 Likes

It is, it either means the elfs have breached the underworld, or there will be an occlusion of the sun by the moon. Context is purely dependent on who says it and in what tone.

4 Likes

You are correct, sir. North of Albany is beautiful country and seems to be populated by “normal” people,as does western NY with the exceptions of areas around Syracuse, Rochester, an Buffalo which seem to be in thrall of NYC. Truth be known, I am familiar with Northern NY above Albany and not so much with western NY below I-90 and west of Albany.

7 Likes

WNY below I 90 is some of the most beautiful countryside I know of, including the Fingerlakes and the hills west of them. The people there are normal, hard working, generally conservative Americans suffering under one of the most tyrannical state governments in the country.

7 Likes

I have an Army buddy that lives near the lake west of Rochester. He hates the fact that the big cities are full of people that vote for representatives that pay lip service to how much they care about you and will “fight for you”. This lasts until they have suckered enough people to put them in power. Then, when someone asks about what their constituents want, their response becomes “Who??” I’ve visited northern NY and it’s beautiful country. Sadly, I took a vow to not spend a cent in NY at all so I’d be limited to how far I got if I filled my tank before I got to NY and drive back when the tank still was a little more than half full. NYC is out. I have no desire to visit a city that is determined to overcome San Francisco’s status as America’s Biggest S—hole. If what they’re doing to Trump is successful, there’s going to be a lot of “iconic” buildings being given back to the bank. Sorry about the rant. Is there any possibility that the people in Northern NY seceding from NY and forming a 51st state??

3 Likes