Is "solar eclipse" a code for something?

Think I just saw a survey where about half of the NYC participants said they wanted to move out of the city within the next five years. Between that sentiment and the tanking commercial real estate markets, it seems that the banks are going to have a lot of empty buildings on their hands.

4 Likes

Going to be lots of squatters. We shall see if property laws are same for banks and regular people.

7 Likes

Indeed. Buildings that aren’t producing profits to tax and no one wants to buy. Makes you wonder what developer will bid a job in NYC knowing a dumbass DA might get a hair stretched across her kiester and come for him. Hochul says “honest” developers have nothing to worry about but when is the last time, if ever, you saw a politician tell the truth. Beside the fact that EVERY developer in NY has done the exact same thing Trump did.

4 Likes

I’m not sure which would be rarer. Honest politicians or honest developers??:thinking:

4 Likes

I’d hate to have my fingers in the space between the door and the jamb when someone slammed THAT door!!

5 Likes

I’m in Ohio. It’s not a sign of anything, just can’t wait to experience this in my own backyard

4 Likes

I’m sorry to correct ya Brother Joseph but
if you are a true Nu Yawka you pronounce dem ‘Finga Lakes!’ !
:crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Love ya Don, but only down staters talk that way! :grin:

Northern Fingerlakes is all Raaaaachesteeer flaaaaattt. Southern Fingerlakes is PA bland, and Western NY is Midwest “Heey, after da Billsssss game, let’s get some beerssss ant wingssss.”

Funny thing is, people say I have a Canadian or Minnesota accent. Go figure, eh? :thinking:

5 Likes

I stand corrected Brother !
(whaddayawant from me? I’m from da heart of da 5 burrow’s), when we speak
to Non-nu yawka’s people generally say ‘HUH?’ or ’ What?’ Was that English?
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I usta :heartbeat: nu yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwk!

4 Likes

My dad grew up in Queens (after legally emigrating from communist Germany). He never got the Queens accent, but his brother sure did. His brother stayed downstate much longer than my dad did, though (both lost any German accent upon arrival in Queens as kids).

2 Likes

Climate change or land shark. Could be both. :grinning:

5 Likes

Kevin O’Leary has been championing that point of view, about the risk of investing in NYC.

Her assurances were, let’s say lacking. New York recently lost out on a $500,000,000 investment in buildings, and the related infrastructure for a huge Call Center to Wyoming (I think), the reason given was based off of what they are doing to Trump.

4 Likes

Certainly the precedent is set, similar cases can quote the existing rulings. Kathy can put all the lipstick she wants on that pig but any smart developer knows it could be them next. Remember show me the ubber wealthy republican entrepreneur and I’ll find the crime.

1 Like