Is a back up gun legal for civilian?

“Now stop that!” —Jack Benny

7 Likes

@Mc1 Welcome to the community! In NM only one conceal carry handgun with CCL at any time. NM is an open carry State.

9 Likes

Oh, uh, @Don102, I understand you are legally limited to only one CC handgun. :rofl: That only applies to those that abide by that state’s law. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Oh, I Open carry also Brother
Concealed @ 3 , 6 , 9 (each has a spare mag)
Open carry: Shoulder rig(w/2 mags)
Ankle Revolver (no extra speed loaders—THAT would be over kill! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)
Fixed Blade on belt 10 o’clock
Folders: (2) 1 each front pocket (thanks to you Dave)
Collapsible baton: Back pocket next to wallet
OC gel on belt: 2 O’clock
So, that’s (373 rounds various calibers, oh yeah then my back up piece and (3) M67 Grenades)

Once all that sh**'s put on I’m ready for the Beach! Let’s go Honey!—We always get a prime spot for some reason! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Sarc filled :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Not only legal but a requirement!!!

3 Likes

In states with no restriction and liberal politics, it is not out of the realm of possibility to assume a liberal prosecutor or state police would use it as a way to make you out to be crazy (or whatever they can come up with) and, therefore, revoke your permit. At least that’s what they told us in the CCW class.

I would suggest knowing not only your state and local laws (if applicable), but also knowing the attitudes of the jurisdiction in which you are carrying.

3 Likes

And there in a nutshell is my debate. 5 rounds x two guns , more reliability vs 10+ in one. Are the optics worse if you ever need to use it in the two gun scenario.

I have had issues with Sig guns and M&P shield 1 is a boat anchor at the moment due to bizarre slide lock up that has it reciprocate and wedge itself to not move in either direction. So even quality autos have failure modes at least for me.

Thanks for the input.

4 Likes

Sig? Well there is your problem

I kid I kid

Kind of

6 Likes

I have 1 I love but to your comment, I will not drink the 365 koolaide despite the funnel trying to pour it down my throat.

1 Like

So… instead of discussing if the backup gun is legal.. we started discussing if the backup gun is needed ? :face_with_peeking_eye:

Guys… damn it. Just buy good gun and don’t think about the backup… unless you think you need it. But this brings the quoestion if the main gun is good then… :joy:

5 Likes

Unless you are in a dangerous profession
or traveling/living in a bad area and you wish to
be at peace by having a back-up weapon because
your EDC could Jam or you could be disarmed.
That happens in a mugging. Assault more and more
these days.
Having a back-up isn’t overkill anymore.

7 Likes

That’s why mental self-defense preparedness comes into the place.
Some people want to be ready for any bad situation, some others prefer to avoid such situations.
Either one is okay. All depends on how do we train and how do we feel about it.

5 Likes

HEY, where did you get picture of me?!?!
:sunglasses:

8 Likes

:joy:
It’s all over the Internet…
Man, you are so famous here :grin:

7 Likes

Is it too much to say ----
I want to be THAT happy once again?

I remember when I was that Happy… Been a while though

6 Likes

Not just here… :rofl:

Before I grew my hair out :sunglasses:
Now

9 Likes

Gorgeous. You go man !

4 Likes

well, people criticize it for good reasons. I am truly surprised the permit allows holder to carry more than one firearm. I know my home state limits a licensee to only one firearm concealed I think a backup is a good idea.

4 Likes

Why is that?

1 Like

Nothing to be surprised here.
I am surprised that something like amount of firearms carried are limited… :neutral_face:

I don’t know any State that the Government wouldn’t be criticized. But it’s funny when people from other States criticize Illinois… and then find out that they have more limitations in their own State. :grinning:

4 Likes