Insurance is getting outlawed

Banning carry insurance is a violation of our rights to protect ourselves. Yes, I know USCCA is not insurance, but what they are trying to do is scare those of us who choose to protect ourselves by carrying a firearm. It goes like this. The USCCA and competing organizations serve as a deterant to overzealous prosecutors. God forbid, if any of us are forced into a situation where we have no choice but to deploy our firearm, it doesnt matter how clean the event is, we are at the mercy of the system at that point. It can be the cleanest, most clear-cut case ever, but that might not matter. You might have a racially charged situation, or a prosecutor who has his eye on politics and wants to make a statement. Having insurance or having member benefits through an organization such as the USCCA holds them in check because they cant use the threat of ruining you financially as an incentive to get a “win” by making it seem that you have no choice but to accept a plea for some “lower” crime than they charged you with. A membership such as USCCA sends a message that you know your rights and that you cant be intimidated, that you have the will and resources to fight for what is right. THAT is a threat to their power and agenda, and they dont like it.

6 Likes

Agree.
In a real sense, it’s less “self-defense insurance” and more like “prepaid legal” for specific situations. But I can see how a group of well-defended citizens poses a threat to a state.

1 Like

I received an email from them saying I could not renew. This is a good time to catch up with @Dawn over PM about it. She helped me out with this question, or so I think she did. It’s possible I emailed the USCCA.

Either way, hope is not completely lost.

I do belong to another group that has not been banned yet.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you didn’t get the notifications we mailed and emailed, @Robert394.

We are continually working to be able to once again offer memberships in New York. As soon as we are able to offer them again, we will let you know!

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I’m hoping to hear from you soon .

3 Likes

Kind of like Labor Unions. They offer some protections from employers, but, they also back politicians that are actively trying to remove rights. Kind of like paying them to mess you over. Same, same with the insurance issue. They are using the tax money they steal from us to prosecute us and denying us the right to an equal defense. Gotta love the Gov.

2 Likes

What about us, abandoned, in Washington? I also WAS a life member.

AMEN Brother… Wish more could think on the fly and problem solve. Most just listen to whatever the media or politicians tell them. Never a thought about what their agenda is. Or, like most other issues of interest to the government… Keep us at each other with useless arguing while they do what, in our name, behind our backs.

1 Like