INCREASED Situational Awareness

I am a trucker and travel two states every week. I am alone in back of buildings and ally ways for up to 20 minutes. There is NO ONE around. Deemed essential many typical delivery trucks are not out and about like your restaurant supply trucks, bread delivery , milk , etc, etc. So you bet my situational awareness is much higher. It’s spooky quiet in some areas so hearing is heightened and I lock my cab when I am not in it.

4 Likes

Situational Awareness is not being paranoid (respectfully said, please). Walking and looking over your shoulder
can lead to loosing your awareness and surroundings. The side affects of being paranoid can be over thinking in your mind, worry, fear, afraid of shadows, and questioning your abilities to be the person that helps others, families, and friends.

Burn out can be harmful and destruction to you in many ways. Many military and police officers have tasted that
hard hitting abusive nightmare.

Please be yourself and the greatness you are, just keep your mind and eyes open and become a great listener.

Awareness for what ever reason is new to some people. For other people it’s been more instinct because of past experiences. IE: strategically choosing your placement everywhere you are.
When at all possible, sitting where you can see the door. If standing in a public place position your self to keep every one in your site even if your in line. Attention to anyone approaching your area especially from behind. Maintaining safe distance regardless of Covid 19. And eye contact. More than one person moving in unison. When someone gets in your safety area with out you knowing it can startle you and make you jump even at home. Sad that we have conditioned our selfs not to become pray.:us::us:

1 Like