In AZ is auto plate tied to CC permit?

My wife was stopped by leo for expired tag sticker. No ticket (she blamed me!). But he asked her 3 times in this very short stop if there was a gun in the car. Seemed very odd to me. So I wondered if they are automatically notified.

4 Likes

@Rick73 Arizona being a Constitutional Carry State (congratulations) I think the LEO is just being extra cautious.
Found it.

DRIVER’S LICENSE LINKED TO PERMIT?

Is my Arizona driver’s license linked to my Arizona concealed weapons permit? No. Your Arizona driver’s license is not linked to your Arizona concealed weapons permit. Therefore, a law enforcement officer (LEO) will not be notified that you are a concealed carry permit holder immediately when they run your driver’s license. However, LEOs may have access to other databases where they can obtain this information.

ArizonaConcealed Carry Reciprocity Map & Gun Laws

View Updates: 2021-05-17

Anyone at least 21 years old who can legally possess a firearm, may concealed carry a firearm without a permit. Arizona Concealed Weapons Permits (CWP) are issued to residents and non-residents at least 21 years old or 19 for active military and veterans and require a firearms training course that has been state-approved, although there are training exemptions that may apply to law enforcement and members of the military, to name a few. In terms of reciprocity, since Arizona has permitless carry, any person 21 years of age and older who can legally possess a firearm may carry a concealed firearm on his or her person without a license or permit.

4 Likes

I can definitely confirm that IL CCL is tied to Driver’s License, which is tied to car’s plate.
I wouldn’t be surprised the same applies to other States.

And YES… as a husband you are guilty of every wrong related to wife’s car. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I suspect he was being overly cautious. However, they may access that information if they want to dig for it.

Here in Montana, your name and social is tied to everything. So on a stop, it is tied to your DL, plates, tax records, etc…

Just seemed very odd to ask 3 times in 3 minutes. I guess I just want to know if they get the cc information automatically or not.

They may not have that info on hand.
But every car plate is tied to Drivers License and this one is tied to CC permit. Simple math…if a=b, b=c then a=c.
Most ID databases are connected these days and it takes few seconds to find info needed.

So tell me what isn’t tied to auto tags…

Cash at your home.

Everything else what has “digital signature” can be linked to your ID. :smirk:

Few years ago, my 16 years old son was able to track my personality and find 75% of my financial status, possessions, marriage status just knowing my name and at least 1 more information. This 1 information can be DL, license plate number or full address.

It’s not hard to imagine what federal or state institutions can do… :smirk:

2 Likes