I'm planning on obtaining a Pennsylvania CCW, I live in Delaware

Brother @Lu-Can I’m just trying to get permits from several states just to have it. I’m going to try to get Utah also.

2 Likes

@Johnnyq60 sounds great, makes me think of my brother before he past he had all but 1 non resident from other states but had to take Illinois to court to get a permit from the state he lived in.

1 Like

I just want the reciprocity act bill to hurry up and get passed

1 Like

Good for you dear Johnnyq60. I’m at four states now. It helped me to learn a lot. Best to you and yours. :hugs:

2 Likes

@Kit, thanks for the information.

Just got notified via email that my application was approved and I have up til 30 days to pick up the permit. I have to make an appointment first. It’s about a 5 hour drive from where I live. Figure me and my wife will take an extended weekend from work and catch a nice ride to York PA.

2 Likes

Congratulations, you two be safe and enjoy the mini vacation

1 Like

Johnnyq60, It was pretty simple wasn’t it. I uploaded both sides of my driver’s lic and conceal permit and uploaded those as part of the application. When I spoke with the on duty Deputy (I think that is the correct term) while I was there she said I did not have to provide anything more because I had already provided them with those two pieces of identification.

Sounds live you will have a a nice relaxed stay when you go.

Safety sake, don’t tell us when you are going, I would even suggest you remove part of your previous post. Just a suggestion.

-Kit

2 Likes

Thank you @Kit and I will consider your advice. :+1::+1:

1 Like

I got mine a couple months ago and it was also super easy. I went to Adams County since Gettysburg is the shortest drive from where I live in Northern VA. I got my approval email first thing the next morning after I applied, and when I went a few days later to pick it up, I was in and out of the Sheriff’s office in about 5 minutes.

If you have a VA resident permit, the only state your PA permit adds is PA. PA only honors resident permits from the states they honor, and oddly VA isn’t one of them, even though VA honors PA permits. So getting the PA permit is really the only option for VA residents to carry there.

2 Likes