I'm from the government and I'm here to help. šŸ˜±

They are determined to make sure we are beholden to them.

Gas stove ban ā€˜on the tableā€™ for federal agency: reports (msn.com)

4 Likes

This sort of thing is spiraling up in Colorado where I live. Seems that the big brains in Denver want to ban burning propane, which would make living in rural areas pretty much impossible.

4 Likes

Only the ā€œDā€ā€™s can come up with this stuff!?! :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

They should change the caption to I AM FROM THE GOVERNMENT AND I AM HERE TO SCREW YOU BAD

4 Likes

Everyone hold on tight, as 2023 heads full steam ahead STEERED by the Resident Joke Bite Me Deministration driving the country down the road to Nowhere FAST! :scream:

3 Likes

I saw another version of this article which stated that ~30% of all residential stoves are gas. Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s true in my area, but Iā€™ve read before that natural gas is more common in the Northeast, so maybe those blue states are making up the difference.

Point being, this isnā€™t something they could accomplish by simply waiving their magic bureaucratic wands. At most, they could perhaps ban sale of new gas stoves or regulate it so badly that it becomes too expensive, as weā€™ve seen agencies do with other things when they had no legitimate power.

Pre-COVID, I would have said theyā€™d leave restaurants and professional cooks alone. But weā€™ve seen how little regard the governments had for the food service industry.

4 Likes

I think itā€™s time to recognize the war at hand, the class war. Our ā€œrepresentativesā€ are clearly not that but think themselves a class beyond reproach, above and better than everyone else.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what this is about.

2 Likes

They want EVERTHING ELECTRIC. What about the gas furnaces, and gas water heaters. (H-VAC systems). Might as well take us back to the 1800ā€™s. Should have kept Greatgrammaā€™s woodburning kitchen stove.

5 Likes

They got away with lock downs Strong Arm controls for darn near 3 years. Wear a mask, Social distancing, close your schools, donā€™t go shoppingā€¦ And the sheeple not only went along with it they ducking supported it. Hell around here, more than once, they called the cops on people for having more than 5 family members in the back yard on a Saturday afternoon.
So now that they are totally empowered to run wild against the citizens, with the exception of the zealots that will do their bidding for them, theyā€™ve decided to go for the golden ring, Get It All. Save the planet and destroy one of the major industries in The United States. Stand back and watch, thereā€™s more to come, Joeā€™s handlers are just getting started.

6 Likes

Oh, well, here goes NY state, not wanting to be second to this race.

New York Gov. Hochul announces plans to ban gas heating in new homes, buildings constructed in next few years | Fox Business

4 Likes

For those not in the know as of 1 January 2023 ALL HVAC systems are required to be ā€œHigh Efficiencyā€ which basically means paying the higher end of the HVAC units. Hereā€™s the rub. If your HVAC company is in the habit of ā€œSwap the Boxā€ you high efficiency HVAC will suck itself into an early death with your old ducting. Ensure that going forward with a new high efficiency HVAC unit that you get the ducts upgraded at the same time. That way you actually get the performance and savings that is advertised and read the fine print, main lines are NOT big flex tube they are hard structured ducting of a specific dimension not having the proper ducting will void your warranty on the base units. Your HVAC guy swapping the box wonā€™t tell you this.

Cheers,

Craig6

6 Likes

I just replaced two HVAC units on my home March 2021 and Dec 2022. 10k each. And the expense is never convenient. Can anybody say, ā€œCode Requirements.ā€

5 Likes

Maybe this is a better place to ask. Who is and who isnā€™t the government? The reason I ask is because my father was a federal government employee and I always thought I or the people was/were the government.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a good question. I know itā€™s supposed to be a government ā€œof the people, by the people.ā€ It sure doesnā€™t feel that way, very often.

3 Likes

I wonder if it is used sarcastically.

1 Like

The White House is back-peddaling, now saying they wonā€™t ban gas stoves.

Biden White House says it does not support gas stove ban | Fox Business

2 Likes

SEEMS to be the FOR the people part has gotten out of control???

arrogance? greed?

I wonder if they have a high enough IQ that they realize if the US goes down they will probably go with it???

AND!!!

their new master may look upon them like Genghis Khan and his looked on suchā€¦

in his opinion traitors of their own would have no loyalty to him and would sell him out tooā€¦

soā€¦ they gave em a nice meal and executed em duringā€¦ ALL of emā€¦

2 Likes

Sometimes, it seems like itā€™s backwards- people exist to support the government.

2 Likes

The beatings will continue until morale improvesā€¦

4 Likes