Illinois mayor issues coronavirus emergency that gives her the power to ban the sale of guns, ammo, alcohol, and more

And now, IDNR as shut down all state run “public” land.

2 Likes

Agreed. I said this would happen a month ago. Didn’t put it out to anyone simply because it would have been a conspiracy theory.

6 Likes

those of us in the tin-hat brigade aren’t actually shocked by this. 100% predictable.

3 Likes

But, Governor Pritzker in his EO to stay home, has gun shops as Essential Industry. Blew my mind.

3 Likes

I saw that as well. Only thing I can think of is with all the 2A Sanctuary Counties down state he knew he would get challenged or ignored if he tried to order they shops closed and probably sued for lost revenues. With the run on guns and ammo wiping out the supply the shops are as good as closed now anyway. I just don’t think the view was worth the climb for “Jelly Belly” Pritzker.

2 Likes

yeah I do NOT know how that happened. San Diego did just the opposite.

1 Like

Illinois in an economic black hole, businesses forced to close, people layed off, soda-pop tax reversed, $30 million transferred from the FOID card fees fund to the general fund… I don’t want to be negative about the “essential business” designation, but maybe their agenda might be driven by something else… I’m just sayin…

Also, “The order even allows liquor stores and recreational cannabis dispensaries to remain open for business…”:

" Some municipalities heap local excise taxes onto that retail price. The city of Chicago, for example, tacks an additional tax of 29 cents per gallon onto beer, and Cook County levies another 9 cents per gallon. Purchasing hard liquor in Chicago, consumers will incur a combined local alcohol tax of $5.18 per gallon – with $2.68 per gallon levied by the city and $2.50 per gallon by the county – on top of state and federal alcohol taxes."

2 Likes

That’s kinda what I’m thinking too. Dispensaries and gun stores are tax cash cows for the state.

3 Likes

@Scotty that actually makes sense of it. It’s the tax dollars.
People? Meh. :woman_shrugging: Tax Dollars? YEP! :+1: :+1:
Totally makes sense.

1 Like

Wonder how long it will take for civil unrest to start?

1 Like

Civil unrest start in Chicago! When did it stop? LMAO

2 Likes

The sad thing is that the death toll has gone down in Chicago. The gangs are more afraid of getting a virus, than they are of killing each other.

2 Likes

A silver lining to every cloud​:smirk:. Wonder when the gang wars over the toilet paper market will start?:flushed:

2 Likes

Hey I think you have got an idea there… maybe they will change their names to the brand of TP they are rocking on their block. Imagine hearing about the “Charmin Ultra Soft” being in a turf war with the “White Cloud” gang.

2 Likes

They’ll be in trouble when the John Wayne gang shows up. They’re rough, tough, and don’t take no crap off nobody. :smirk:

2 Likes