Illinois Concealed Carry License Taking Questionably Long Time

I’m not trying to defend the FOID card but:

Not sure which of the below questions answered YES would cause the hold up on her card?

All definitions defined by the FOID Act

1. Have you ever been convicted of a felony? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  2. In the past 5 years, have you been a patient in any medical facility or part of any medical facility used primarily for the care or
    treatment of persons for mental illness? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  3. Are you addicted to narcotics? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  4. Are you mentally retarded? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  5. Are you subject to an existing order of protection which prohibits you from possessing a firearm? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  6. Within the past 5 years, have you been convicted of battery, assault, aggravated assault, violation of an order of protection, or
    a substantially similar offense in which a firearm was used or possessed? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  7. Have you ever been convicted of domestic battery or a substantially similar offense (misdemeanor or felony)? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  8. Have you ever been adjudicated a delinquent minor for the commission of an offense that if committed by an adult would be a felony? . . . . . . . . . . . .
  9. Are you an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  10. Have you ever been adjudicated as a mental defective?
1 Like

Just curious, but where did you get the details? I’ve tried looking and can only find the regular info that the news is reporting, but nothing goes into detail like you did.

2 Likes

Retired Leo who is a good friend and an instructor here in Illinois.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for my CCL since 09/01/20. Have documentation from ISP advising they have received my application data and check. Also, a letter advising me that due to the C-19 pandemic, the expired CCL is valid up to one year after the C-19 event is over.

That’s OK but, I have to carry that file folder in my car everyday and one day when I take my wife’s car (forget my folder) and get “stopped” , I’ll have some explaining to do.
j@r

2 Likes

Sad state of affairs in Pritzker country.

Seems like the only state functions that are working full speed is the Illinois Department of Revenue!

:rage: :rage:

3 Likes

J A1 here.:sunglasses:

Just received my CCL the other day. ISP received my application on 09/01/20 @ 12:00p. My waiting period was 440 days. All the ISP said was, they were short of help. :confused:

All that time I carried a file in my car with all the necessary documentation I sent to the ISP to prove just in case a LEO stopped me. Also had a copy of all the paperwork in my wife’s car just in case.

A lot better carrying a “2X3-1/2” card than a file folder. :joy:

3 Likes

Congrats !
ISP has new system now which works perfectly fine. I’m not sure if it’s in use in 100% but I found that few people received their Carry Permit within 30 days… :scream:

2 Likes

Thank God these peoples in the south are not that slow…lol

1 Like