Illinois Concealed Carry License Taking Questionably Long Time

I know its more of a joke but to be honest I considered it but I thought they would be closed and not welcome guests.

2 Likes

I’ve gotten lucky having them (ISP) call me from emails I’ve sent them. Right now, I’m going through something similar, but with FL.

I was “very” careful how I chose my words in the emails to ISP which I sent them; very calm, patient, mature, and kind. Not sure that was why they called me, but they did, and they helped me with my question (which was very different from yours). I also made sure not to inundate them with too many emails from me either. I spaced them apart, and noticed they would write me back. As I changed my wording and questions, over time, they decided to call me. It must have been about 8:30 AM on a weekday when they called me. Someone posted above, another email address which I’d never seen before, cool. Here’s the one I used:

isp.boi.customer.support@illinois.gov

Good luck brother Andrew. We never give up. When you do obtain it, I know you’re gonna celebrate with good company, and a great meal; And what a learning journey you will advance onward to.

In terms of “moving”, yeah, me too. If you have not yet joined the IL Carry organization, please check out their webpage, and contact them; they are pretty cool. They might offer some info.:

3 Likes

Thanks for the additional info. I like the search for CCW unfriendly businesses tab!

2 Likes

Have you tried calling then? Maybe you get lucky and give them your ticket number, good luck :+1:t3:

2 Likes

I finally have some movement! I’m not sure if it was that I left a message for the number for appeals or my 2 emails over the last 6 months but I finally got rejected and asked to resubmit the correct documentation again. I filled it out more carefully than I have ever filled anything out because I am not going through this again. I think that puts me back into the same line as every new applicant which is unfortunate but it is how it is. Looking forward to getting the card in the mail.

2 Likes

Hang in there brother Andrew. Your resolve is being tested, and your resolve will triumph. Covid 19 restrictions are starting to loosen up, which could speed up your process.

For the group:

If when you apply for a FOID or CCL Permit, if you filled out everything OK, and don’t have a background they would deny; If you were to contact the state to inquire – be aware of what one person warns in this video, that the state in responding to you, might end up placing your application at the bottom of their pile, but not replace it in the same spot it was in before you inquired.

This vid has commercials until the min marker 1:50, in case you wanna fast forward.

2 Likes

Crossing my fingers for you. Use to live in Chicago so I know what you all are going though up there.

2 Likes
2 Likes

So the question then is: Now what?

1 Like

Now we wait for ISP to do their job but slower than snail trying to going any meaningful distance.

1 Like

Hello All;
The court that ruled that the Illinois FOID card was unconstitutional is only applicable to that jurisdiction or county.
However it does give a base to appeal the law to appellate courts.
The Illinois State Rifle Association has several law suits pending, including suing the state to return over 20 million dollars taken from the FOID/CCW funds, as well as suing for the extremely long time to process both the FOID and CC permits.

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to spell this out.

2 Likes

UPDATE: finally got approved. After a year and 5 days of headache and feeling vulnerable in the city (I heard gunshots at work less than a week ago) Illinois graciously decided to say it was okay for me to exercise my right. I would like to thank the gracious Illinois governing body for telling me something we all already knew.

4 Likes

A 2021-08-08 22-29-10

3 Likes

Good to hear. Congratulations on surviving the axiom “A right delayed is a right denied”.

Stay safe.

2 Likes

@Jerzees With that tongue firmly planted in your cheek, a tap to the jaw could leave you speechless!

2 Likes

ISB received my CCL application on 09/01/20 @ 7:300am together with all necessary documentation, photo, etc., still waiting (1year) and have not received new card. Have written and called ISB regarding the matter but to no avail. ISB however, has indicated that as long as COVID-19 is still in affect, that your expired CCL has a 12 month extension after C-19 duration has terminated and ISB has supplied me with documents to that affect.
Joseph A. Ramirez

2 Likes

I also checked and for any new applicants who are about to submit their CCL that stubble on this page. make to check how long the average processing time is for with and without fingerprints since (at least right now) no finger prints average is lower processing time than with it. Reference: Firearms Services

1 Like

I received an update on an Illinois CCL situation. We were aware that ISP had decertified all of the CCL classes given by a single instructor.

The story now goes that an instructor offered a break or to continue to the end of the class. The students voted to continue without the break.

Subsequently the class ended early and a student reported to ISP that they did not receive the full 16 hour training.

Hence ISP decertified all training this instructor has ever done. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

A girlfriend of mine was refused her Illinois FOID card because of an altercation with an abusive boyfriend 15 years ago.

She now has to hire a lawyer to get an expungement

So glad we moved to Indiana where it was literally easier to get my carry card than my motorcycle license.

1 Like