Illinois AR-15 Owners keep your guns and not need to register! A Stop-Gap Solution

3 Likes

FWIW

5 Likes

This is not a legal work-around. It’s just a replacement of the bolt carrier group with a mechanism that requires the user to manually cycle the action with each shot – i.e., turn your semi-auto AR into a clunky bolt-action rifle. You’d still have to register the semi-auto bolt carrier group, so it does not avoid registration.

I guess the people behind this work-around believe that someday, somewhere, someone will appear who makes the registration system in Illinois go away. Magical thinking in my opinion. Until and unless the gun community in Illinois gets off their collective couches and kick the charlatans who passed this law out of office, there is no work-around that avoids registration of semi-auto ARs.

1 Like

In that video it says that you would send your semi-auto BCG to the company and get a certification of destruction/similar, so you exchange parts, that would seem to be (I’m not lawyer) why it avoids registration

2 Likes

personally I think mass non compliance is the best way to say :fu:. at least that’s what I would do :+1:
by the numbers that seems to be what the people of Illinois seem to be doing

2 Likes

Definitively

2 Likes

Non-compliance in Illinois.

This is probably a good list of where to put your investment dollars.

List of major for-profit prison services and companies | Prison Legal News

3 Likes