Ignorance Over Reaction or Proper Response

Happens around here all the time, and no sirens.

6 Likes

The sounds were all in your mind - spurred by this thread… If you heard sirens it would have been far worse for you… as they really were coming to get you… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ha ha, ho ho, hee hee, to the funny farm!

4 Likes

I agree with you, absolutely! An adviso of some sort should have been published for the school, the parents, neighboring businesses (if necessary), school board, law enforcement, fire department/EMS, etc., that this issue is planned or is going to occur

3 Likes

It’s interesting what people will react to. In my youth I dabbled rather extensively with explosive compounds - sometimes as propellants for rockets, and sometimes for their explosive character. at one point I made what was supposed to be a rocket with some homemade black powder that had just been sitting around for a while and was in a less than pure state. By the time I was able to fire it off it had been sitting around for several months. All I can say is that it was VERY loud and the fireball was impressive. This was in a nice suburban neighborhood, but nobody came out to investigate and my parents never got any calls about it from the neighbors.

3 Likes

I lived in an urban area did most of my military training in a place like Israel lot of mout Lot of desert and city action. Books slammed on the floor .22 capri sun juice pack ,”9mm-38 hard to replicate a 556 or a shotgun short of setting fire works off in the school but would not just go for gunshots. Our teachers never worried about the school getting shot up even in east newyork worried about a kid getting jumped and put in the hospital but not getting shot at school you would think with all the so-called guns on the streets in Brooklyn that there should’ve been statistically more school shooting in urban schools interestingly enough there’s not. But that teacher over reacted and did they at least barricade the children in the room call the teacher in the classroom next to them and initiate their school shooter protocol if not them doom on them