If Given The Choice Would You Run Or Fight

You can’t see he is not serious? If you had any idea what he has been through, you would not be such an a–. He lost most of two legs in defense of our country, as well as almost dying, as well as other injuries.

10 Likes

You know it Don. Roger all my friend. This is a tough holiday for many of us to be sure. Have a good night warrior.

10 Likes

But he’s making such a fine idiot of himself here! Hate to see him go. He’s setting a new high for idiots.

7 Likes

We can’t be selfish here Brother
There is enough of him to go around! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

You “killed” it Virgil. You stated as it is. That guy is a chump and a wannabe. I met @Don102 in real life last year. He is one of you, the real deal, and losing most of two legs has not stopped him.

7 Likes

News Flash: When the bad guys get shot, they get shot for doing what THEY did. My shooting him is based on HIS actions — not mine.

This might be a good time to post this…

10 Likes

I wanted to stay up late tonight and BS here but I have a bad headache.
(Go figure)
Thanks Brothers, I appreciate your support

And STOP talking 'bout my legs! I’ll hear you

Hope the nightmares don’t come tonight.

Peace Out.
WWG1WGA

9 Likes

Very sorry, mf, he is, yet, again, being an AH. I wanted to put some reality into his/her life so that he/she could understand. You are more than capable to speak for yourself. I wholeheartedly respect all that have fought for our country and put yourselves in danger to defend your fellow service men/women and yourselves and us. I have been fortunate to have met many servivce members and have learned of their experiences, and valor. In no horribly bad dream can I imagine what many of you have gone through. I appreciate all of you immensely.

7 Likes

Thanks brother. Roger all to your other fine points.

6 Likes

I do really mean what I have stated. If not for you guys, we would not be what we are today. Our political body is separate and can easily be replaced, whiich is why they fear us so much.

6 Likes

@Les23 Welcome to the community! This is a great community, with great people of all kinds, and who whole heartily believe in our Country and our Constitution. We’d like to hear from your point of view, not Don102’s or any of other’s responses, but yours, “If Given The Choice Would You Run Or Fight” as in this scenario. What would be the best self-defense method when a threat this close is presented?

2 Likes

This is the OP……

Please take a close look at the first run on sentence/paragaph…

3 Likes

And a fourth, de-escalation, either just with words or with the aid of a self-defense tool. I have been fortunate in that the idea of a knife (not shown), and not being able to legally carry a firearm, made the perp remember there was an urgent, theretofore forgotten, appointment to attend to.

7 Likes

Two things come to mind when I read this statement, Brother Don:

1. ADAPT, IMPROVISE AND OVERCOME

2. CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND

I recently went through Voir Dire (jury selection) in a case where the defendant used a baseball bat to defend herself from an abusive boy-thing, also using a baseball bat to attack her, the defendant. The line of questioning to the jury was how something could be used for a purpose in which it was not initially intended. The Prosecuting Attorney asked me a very loaded question about other uses for a bottle of water in reference to doing bodily harm.

I gave her those two statements listed above, explained how a person with the cognitive ability to problem solve on the fly (adapt, improvise and overcome) and having a mindset to succeed (chance favors the prepared mind) could be unstoppable in any given situation, and utilizing an object in a manner it was not originally intended was a prime example of those statements.

I then proceeded to give several examples of how her seemingly harmless bottle of water could be used to injure another person.

I was not selected for the jury.

I get you, Brother, and I’ve got you.

7 Likes

I believe you give me too much credit my good Sir.
I’m just a simple ex-Grunt trying to see this situation through
(successfully) Maybe help a Brother or Sister along the way.

I’ve got you too Brother, Thanks.

6 Likes

Apparently the person doing jury selection has never seen a Jackie Chan movie!

8 Likes

Or he was smarter than the average Bear and didn’t want to take the chance ‘poking’ BrucE
WaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaTaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :laughing:

7 Likes

Really, and the lawyer be like "Dude would you really do all of those things…?.

5 Likes

…and BrucE’s reply would be:
a) Try me
b) want me to show you?
c) I’m thirsty… :crazy_face:

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DON!!! YOU CRACK ME UP!!!

6 Likes