Hypothetical Ammo Poll

With the current ammo shortage still ongoing, a lot of us have adjusted our training to include less live-fire and more dry-fire practice.

POLL: Hypothetically, is there a certain ammo count that you will not go below in your stockpile?

• 100 - 250 rounds per caliber
  • 251 - 500 rounds per caliber
  • 501 - 1000 rounds per caliber
  • 1001 rounds or more TOTAL for ALL calibers

0 voters

What training tools do you use to help save ammo?

My ammunition supply should be greater than my life expectancy in a firefight!

6 Likes

Airsoft pistols for inexpensive practice in the comforts of my home.

5 Likes

100-250. Thats for ANY of my firearms. Magnum calibers and shotguns shells take up more space than Rimfire and smaller centerfire rounds.

2 Likes

I’ve learned that the answer to that question makes people uncomfortable.

8 Likes

There should be another tier 5,000-10,000 rounds per caliber.

5 Likes

Sirt laser training gun on a regular basis, Air soft for active 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 training.

2 Likes

Dog training, well, him taking me for a walk.:grinning:

Pink Rhino Laser Cartridge and the LaserHit app.

I’m practicing throwing my handguns as a last resort. :wink:

I’m actually going to the range to test my new toys. I did learn yesterday that 500 rnds of .45 ACP 230 gr FMJ weighs 25 lbs. I ordered 100 rnds of .45 ACP 230 gr JHP yesterday. I need about twice that to feel comfortable. I’m good on all of my other calibers. Still need practice though firing real rnds. But I want one of those lasers that insert in the barrel.

2 Likes

Minimum ammo count varies depending on caliber so the 251-500 is my average saftey net

2 Likes

Hey @KillJoy , you got a slice of cake next to your name! Happy Anniversary here!

3 Likes

I may not answer the poll because…

:rofl:

MantisX, BarrelBlok, and one of those laser bullets have been absolutely priceless in allowing safe and helpful dry-fire at home.

2 Likes

Thanks. I believe I’m a “Pioneer”.

So you are part “South Asian”?

???
South Asian?

The MSM is calling Kamala an African-American South Asian. I guess that makes Iranians Southwestern Asian and Russians, depending on where they live, Western Asians, Eastern Asians, and Northern Asians. The other part of this is that we no longer have Mexicans, Guatemalans, Nicaraguans, etc., and South Americans, they are all either Central Americans or South Americans, which, then, makes us just North Americans, along with the Canadians. Who needs a country of origin when the NWO comes into power? We will all be just subjects, not citizens.

1 Like

Snap caps

2 Likes

Snap caps too. Been dry firing for forty years now in addition to shooting with a defensive shooting club now and then. Sharing a video of revolver 101 dry fire practice I made for father and a friend. Pass it on to someone that may need it.

1 Like

I have a little trouble answering the question because I have multiple cartridges in the same caliber. 30 Carbine, 308(7.62x51), 30-30, 30-06, 300 Win Mag and 300 WSM. 45ACP, 45LC and 45 Win Mag you get the idea.

I have enough that I can lend some ammo and not worry.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like