Hurricane Laura

Hoping the members and family/friends of members were able to get out of the path or at least find safe shelter.

13 Likes

Be safe.

6 Likes

Ok here! Vacationing in central Texas for a little. Going to try to get back home Saturday. Thanks for the thoughts, they are appreciated.

7 Likes

For those in the proposed affected areas, stay safe and be prepared. From the Weather Channel:

6 Likes

Been praying for the people in TX. and LA. and hopefully they left. Their lives are more precious than property. God bless them and keep them safe.

8 Likes

@Randall318 can give us some insight. Stay safe.

5 Likes

Got a call from a friend, our house is ok, but we have some cleaning up to do and no power. The storm changed path right before landfall. However, the Cameron Parish and Lake Charles areas have significant damage. We are heading back tomorrow night.

5 Likes

150 people in Cameron Parish decided to stay and ride out the storm. Hoping they are ok.

5 Likes

@45IPAC, I sure can.

As of now, I’m sitting in the darkness. I have been all day but that was expected. Damage is minumal here but heard of some other horrors further down south. Four confirned dead as of now.

5 Likes

Glad you’re ok brother!

5 Likes

Glad to hear your alright.

4 Likes

Glad you’re still here, had me worried for a while, also really happy you guys didn’t have the flooding. That must have been scary! Stay safe our prayers are with you!:pray:

4 Likes

I’m glad you are well and stay safe brother.

3 Likes

I appreciate it guys! Means a lot!

I’m still sitting in darkness but hey! You are rightn! I’m alive to see another day!

5 Likes

So I came back late last night. I figured there would be fewer people on the road. After 4 hours of driving, I decided to stop at Bucees in Baytown to get gas. While pumping gas, I thought “I really wish I could get a drink, but I can’t leave my truck (all my firearms and ammo were in it).” All of the sudden, a sheriff pulls up next to me to get gas. So, being a law abiding citizen, and having a permit for my carry, I said “excuse me, officer… I don’t mean to bother you, but I’m on my way back home after evacuating, and have my firearms in my truck. Would you mind watching my truck for a minute so I can get something to drink, please?” He said he would, and when I came back out, we talked about firearms and ammo, the hurricane, and all the riots going on. It was an enjoyable hour! Only in Texas can you ask an officer to watch your truck full of guns with no hassle! :joy:

6 Likes

I agree. (But where have I heard that phrase before?)

2 Likes

Just tree limbs down and no power for a while for me. Still a lot of power lines down, some folks may not have power until Tuesday. Some gas stations are out of gas, several grocery stores had to throw away food due to power outages.

A lot worse down south. My shooting buddy evacuated to Texas. He is back home with a generator. Says probably 2 weeks before power is back, about 80% of power poles are down. They got hit pretty hard.

I really feel for the elderly with no power. Heat advisory for today, and with the covid, the usual gathering places to cool off are not a great option.

Hopefully things will improve. I am thankful to have power.

4 Likes

We got power back today some tree damage and a broken window. My wife has a couple family members in Cameron and Holly Beach. We haven’t heard from them yet, but am assuming they have their hands full.

2 Likes

For sure!!!

2 Likes

My area is pretty devastated. Looks like it might be another week or more before power is restored. My generator broke Friday, had a hard time finding one but I got a replacement Saturday. Having a hard time getting gas to keep it running. VERY hot and humid. No air conditioning but able to keep refrigerator and freezer going and some fans too. Lost a lot of trees but thankfully none fell on the house. Minor roof damage which is amazing considering the circumstances. All in all we feel truly blessed, it could have been sooo much worse.

4 Likes