Hurricane Laura

@William233, I feel for you having no AC… Hope you get power soon. I heard in Lake Charles it might be 2 weeks or so… We are having a few shortages on ice and gas here, but I am lucky and have power and now internet. Others around here, not so much. Has been a daily struggle to try to find ice for the GF’s mom, who still has no power.

Frustrating, but the line crews are working hard.

2 Likes

What area are you in brother

1 Like

Local volunteer fire department is giving out ice, water, and low sodium imitation M.R.E.s .

1 Like

Just south of Toledo Bend

2 Likes

I don’t know when y’all are getting power back, but I have a window unit if you need. I’m down near Port Arthur.

2 Likes

My daughter and her husband went back last night. They have no power and a lot of water damage. They are at Fort Poke. She is also pregnant not good for him.

1 Like

Thank you for your generous offer. It’s not too bad at night with fans. Gives us flashbacks to Ritta, LOL!

1 Like

Dale38, prayers for your family!

1 Like

To you and yours too. I lived through one hurricane and that was enough for me. I use to do hurricane relief but my body want take that abuse anymore.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that :pensive: if there’s anything we can do to help, let us know.

1 Like

No worries brother. Hope y’all get power back soon!

2 Likes

I live in Ga. My daughter is there. They where here when it hit. He’s military so he was called back.

1 Like

I’m with you brother!

Never would I thought to say how thankful I am for power!!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the prayers and thoughts from all. We were hit but took minimal damage ie, weather head for power coming into the house bent and a few shingles blown off of our 11 month old roof. We are thanking God for all the blessings!!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother! Glad y’all made it.

1 Like

Welcome to the family and you are in the right place at the right time, be blessed.

I’m disappointed in the NWS. I suggested that they rename Hurricane Laura to Hurricane Polo, but they ignored me.

2 Likes

I really think 2020 needs a hurricane Karen

4 Likes