Hurricane Ida. Is everyone safe? Check in

Anyone out there? Let us know how you are. Stay strong and stay safe! :us: :us: :us:

8 Likes

I think the human race has had enough disasters! We need a break!
We need to get back to barbecues, beer and belly laughs! My prayers are with all those in the path of danger!

9 Likes

@Randall318 hope you’re doing well enough to let us know you’re in good shape. Please be careful, I understand the hurricane has been downgraded to a tropical storm, however the current administration is still a category 5! :joy:

3 Likes

Reminds me to check on the status of my family there. I’m so glad I left Louisiana. Hurricanes are exciting but a bitch to deal with the aftermath.

2 Likes

A lot of places w/o power and cell service. :worried:

2 Likes

It moved east of me, and I am east of @Randall318, so I suspect he did not get much more than maybe some rain. Southeast LA took a big hit, some winds reported at 170 MPH when it hit land.

2 Likes

Thanks. :+1:

1 Like

I got just a tad of rain. Not much, though!

I’m thankful! Keep south Louisiana in your prayers!

Thanks for thinking of me, it means a lot!

5 Likes

Glad you are OK @Randall318!

2 Likes

@Fred_G, did you get any bad weather?

1 Like

Does anyone here know about the impact on Franklin, Lafayette, Baton Rouge? I know New Orleans got their butts whipped.

1 Like

82370a05fa1326c14feb4434e9509630

1 Like

No Sir, it missed us. A bit of wind and a little rain. The summer thunderstorms are usually worse. No damage that I have seen around town.

2 Likes

We have heard from my wife’s family in Hammond, everyone is safe with no power but lots of debris and one tree in the kitchen and same tree probably totaled one vehicle. Have not heard from family in Baton Rouge nor New Orleans yet.

2 Likes

A counsel woman announced they will have power in the big easy in around 48 hours. That was announced about 5 hours ago. So subtract that from 48.

Millions of power customers are without power and SWEPCO is swapped I’m sure of it!

Did you guys here the story about the man who lost his life in a alligator attack. Supposedly his wife witnessed it!

Those are the kind of stories I DONT BELIEVE but I’ve seen story about three times now. I need to check on source.

1 Like
1 Like

I’m glad you are fine!

Last year when Laura hit, I was without power in 90 degree weather for three days!

Talk about suck!

2 Likes

I have family in Louisiana. It seems they got a lot of rain, but weren’t actually hit badly. I saw video of some of the stuff this storm did, and it was psycho. It made me glad I live in the desert

2 Likes

The desert certainly has an appeal to it. My knees don’t have fond memories of the sand that caused me to wreck my mt. bike a couple of times, but it was pretty there. :grinning:

1 Like

Yes thank the powers that be. We escaped all but torrential rains for 2 days and nights. Thankfully we are high enough that the house didn’t flood. Hope all are safe also!!

1 Like