How to best conceal carry - while wearing a dress

Not attempting to be a fashionista here but given that you are 4’-11’, size 14 and a C/D cup a belly band with a slash pocket access might be an option. At 50 something the girls might cover a great many indiscretions. As I understand it from my wife who is a fair seamstress in her own right a 1/4" Velcro fly (Yes ZZ Top) can be sewn into just about any dress right, left or center.

Concealed Carry often comes with a tailor’s bill. Me personally I have been aerodynamic all of my life and yet I can carry full size 1911’s and similar with no issues given proper cover garments. In suits I have a tailor that knows how to add “panels” to make things disapear, hang level and not flag or bulge. He is a bit pricey but the quality is always worth it.

Not trying to get personal just trying to help with things I have seen done. I got scolded by @Zee for not addressing “girl” issues head on and I am doing my best to rectify that training deficiency.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Craig6 - that is more useful information - especially considering 99.9% of my dresses do not have pockets either & some have mentioned pocket holsters. I don’t suppose it would be too very expensive to have such a “fly’” put in. (The ZZ Top reference is cute, I like it!)
Also true about the girls :wink: they aren’t what they used to be…such is getting older.
No worries about getting personal. For one thing, I did bring up the topic. All these tips are useful to ponder in determining what I may be able to do. Secondly, even as I am approaching 50, I have yet to be offended by just about anything. It’s kinda helpful for most situations…

1 Like

My wife is 5’-3" I have no idea what her weight is :innocent: but she runs a 14 ish size and is a bit more endowed with DD+. A good friend was harassing her (in jest, we are a bunch of sailors) on text on on a dare she put a full size 1911 w/ a full mag under her right girl and it stayed there. No holster, no nothing but a boob in a bra. With the shirt buttoned I could not tell she had a gun on. Given a belly band and a way to access it that may be the hot ticket. Unfortunately my wife wears scrubs for a living and that doesn’t work for her but it did give us something to think about as well as a high back holster for jeans and such. Just talked with her on this topic and she noted that if you have buttons down the front of the dress a partial or full Velcro fly can make life a lot easier but is indistinguishable from a real “button fly”

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Colette - I went to youtube and put in ladies concealed carry in a dress. You may want to go
and take a look, it may give you some suggestions that could help. Hope you find something.
My wife never carried because I did, and we seldom went separate ways because of her breast
cancer. So my inside knowledge of female carry is limited. Best of everything finding a way
to carry. Mike :gun:

1 Like

Sure it has been mentioned already but take a look here: Thigh Holsters For Concealed Carry - The Well Armed Woman

1 Like

My wife carries hers in her purse most of the time but she has a holster that goes around her thigh under the dress. It only works for shorter dresses but it totally conceals even when she sits down. Her dresses are usually knee length or just belo and the band goes around her leg just above the knee.

1 Like

I posted a week of so ago about how my wife carries her firearm and was rather surprised when I got my very first issue of CC Magazine. I mentioned she carries on her leg sometimes and in the new issue in the ladies section is an article4 about how to carry lie she does and hows to in three different dress styles. She really doesn’t want to carry like that but there are times when she has no choice as her purse is to small. I just thought I would mention the article.

2 Likes

We carry the way it works the best.
CC Magazine and all others are for suggestions. You don’t need to follow suggestions, just the Law. :wink:

It’s very interesting way your wife is carrying…

Sometimes if there’s no other way, we have to carry even the way we may not like… It will never be comfortable…

1 Like

I prefer to thigh carry when I wear a dress.

1 Like