How soon do I get Training?

My CCL expires 02/02/2021 and I can apply for renewal 90 days prior to expiration so when do I need to get the required Renewal Training? Do I schedule it within the 90 day period or before. First time renewal and I’m not sure how to proceed. As you can see I’m prepping well in advance!

1 Like

Check the rules in your state. In Louisiana, the training cert is good for one year, so you can get the training and apply during that year.

The first time I got my CCL, I sent in the application postmarked one year from the date of my cert… Not smart, but I got it… :smile:

2 Likes

For “Southwest Suburb of Chiraq”
This is the info I’ve got from my classes:

• Your permit for Illinois Concealed Carry is valid after it expires if you have already applied for renewal and you are waiting for the renewal permit to be processed by the Illinois State Police.
  • There is a grace period that the State of Illinois gives itself to process the information after the expiration, if you have already applied.
  • Recommendation: book yourself into a class about 120 days before the expiration date of your permit, and submit your renewal application as soon as you can
2 Likes

I’ll echo what others have said, depends on the state. You can find renewal information on our Reciprocity Map, just click on your state.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/

If you have any other questions, let us know!!

1 Like

Thank you. I plan on doing exactly as you suggest.

2 Likes