How many extra 9mmm mags should I have and ammo storage

I think you may misunderstand the topic. Unless I am the confused one, I believe this is about how many spare magazines you have—not how many you actually carry.

Training requires equipment and firearms are not the exception. A lot of classes will require you to have extra mags when attending.

4 Likes

I like a minimum of 2 spare mags per pistol (3 mags total minimum)

3 Likes

That’s what I was going with. How many I have loaded in my safe. I only carry 2 spare magazines of whatever my EDC is that day. If my personal EDC and car gun can’t get me home. I am obviously in a lot more trouble than I thought.

I have a ton of magazines that I have never even taken out of the wrapper.

5 Likes

I may very well have misunderstood the topic. IMO some posters seem to have rather excessive stock piles but then again, what I would consider excessive you may consider normal. To each their own…

2 Likes

If we do, I’m glad I’m on the side with all the guns…

3 Likes

@Don45, I understand where you are coming from. See this topic:

2 Likes

Sorry I probably didnt word my question right

Thanks for helping

Sent on my Boost Mobile Phone.

2 Likes

I will have to save up for a back up gun. Right now I only have a 9mm with 8 15 round mags. But plan to have total of 25 mags. Reason use 10 for range and others for defense. Probably sounds crazy
But I do plan to save up for another 9mm

I cant afford and AR15 also I’ve never shot one. Lol

Sent on my Boost Mobile Phone.

4 Likes

@Charles168

Talk to @TexasEskimo about his pistol to carbine conversion kit. There are some quality 9mm PCC out there and no where nearly as expensive as an AR-15

2 Likes

I have but don’t normally carry a backup on my body. I will carry a separate one in a holster I have mounted in the door card of my car while also carrying a IWB.
I only do this because the door mounted is easier to access but that is the extent of it.

1 Like

The only extra mags are the ones that you have no need for when the loud noises start. Before this time all magazines are part of a preparedness plan. Now if only we knew in advance just exactly how prepared we needed to be…

Albeit recent societal trends would appear to indicate that the maximum level of preparedness realistically attainable would be prudent these days.

5 Likes

I have 10 mags for each gum, I rotate 4 mags out of the 10 as my carry mags - I also keep two mags loaded for each gun at home - I take them all to the range for practice .

8 Likes

its a personal thing but I will say this. my preference is a minimum of 3(three) magazines for each semi auto pistol of mine regardless of caliber.

1 Like

Johnny 60 sir you are definitely right you can never have enough magazines ammunition and a great ammo steal Container with a rubber seal SIR AND PUT SOME AWAY !! Johnny 60 SIR YOUR MY FAVORITE LAW MAN . Preacher teacher instructor. You are just what we all need to be my opinion DEFINITELY SIR THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE SIR LOVE Bobby Jean an Debbie ann and puppies SIR :us::chile::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::owl::feather::feather::v:t5:THANK YOU FOR BEING SIR MEAN IT !!!

2 Likes

DavidM58. That’s definitely the plan to live by SIR LOVE Bobby Jean and Debbie ann SIR :chile::us::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::owl::feather::feather::v:t5::+1:

1 Like

Xavier-D SIR COULD YOU SAY WHERE I CAN FIND THE PLACE TO GET A CONVERSION KIT FOR MY S&W m&p,9,2.0.SERIES. EDC ??? SIR DO YA KNOW HOW MUCH THEY ARE AND DO THEY COME WITH SIGHTS?? Bobby Jean SIR :chile::us::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::owl::feather::feather:. I BEEN THINKING ABOUT WHAT KIND WOULD BE THE BEST .SIR ???

1 Like
3 Likes

Karacal thank you SIR. I DEFINITELY WILL TELL YA WHAT I GET THAT WAS DECENT FOR HELPING ME . Have a great Day SIR LOVE Bobby Jean :owl::feather::feather::chile::us::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::v:t5::+1:

3 Likes

That looks like an SBR to me, but I’m not a lawyer

At the very least I’d say it’s playing that “I’m not touching you” [with finger 2mm away from their eye] game with the ATF. Kinda like Hoover did with the keycards.

Tread carefully

3 Likes

Still falls under the brace ruling, but braces have always been in the “I’m not touching you” category, honestly. I’ve been waiting for ATF to change the ruling on them for a decade at this point. Its why I don’t own any, and while I despise the NFA and the ATF, tax stamps are cheaper than a federal prison stay

2 Likes