HOW LONG SHOULD YOU WAIT IF YOU HAVE LOST ONE OF YOUR EDC’s TO REPORT IT TO LAW. ENFORCEMENT ❓

When you notice that you have missed placed one of your EDCs. How LONG BEFORE YOU SHOULD REPORT IT TO LAW ENFORCEMENT :question:

1 Like

IMMEDIATELY!
It is your responsibility.

12 Likes

Thanks for sharing KARACAL THAT IS WHAT I BELIEVE SIR :bangbang::us::us::us::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::100:

2 Likes

Once you realize it is missing it is your responsibility to notify Law Enforcement.

10 Likes

What does misplaced mean?

4 Likes

When I delivered pizza in like 2000 my tec 9 was stolen I reported it immediately about a week later my house was surrounded by Atlanta swat they had a homicide warrant for me.yep they found my gun it was used to shoot a drug dealer at the college I immediately told them it was reported stolen after about 6 hours in custody they released me if I hadn’t reported it who knows what would have transpired

12 Likes

If it’s misplaced it still can be found. If it’s confirmed to be lost, that’s the moment I report it immediately.

5 Likes

My opinion suggestion for a specific scenario (not a lawyer, not legal advice!)

You stop at a gas station or rest area, you (unwisely, I recommend never doing this) set your firearm on the toilet tank, or the TP dispenser, or hang it on the hook, whatever…and then when you’re driving down the road or stop at the next gas station or get home and don’t have it…

…first call the place where you left it/or think you left it, tell them, see if an employee can keep it from falling into the hands of someone who would take it (or, maybe it was turned in to them and they already turned it over to local LE)

Following that, if you don’t have an answer, call local LE, I recommend the Sheriff Office for that county, and tell them.

Have the serial number of any gun you carry or have in your car handy for situations like this or others

4 Likes

Been known to happen …

The Legal Consequences Of Bathroom Carry - The Truth About Guns

2 Likes

It has definitely happened. I’ve talked to multiple people who have done it. That’s why I picked it as an example hehe

My recommendation, which is pretty consistent across basically every carry scenario, is KISS: Leave the firearm attached to you. Even if it’s in a sling bag, leave that attached to you at all times.

Personally the only, very rare, times I don’t, are when I have to take my pants off, in which case I leave the holstered pistol attached to my belt, as I doubt I will be forgetting my pants entirely when I leave (I mean…probably not lol)

4 Likes

I always kept a picture of my EDC on my phone, including the serial number, so I could immediately provide it to LE if it went missing.

I stopped doing that because Google backs up my phone photos and I didn’t want it out there in the cloud after reading about big brother, but it always seemed like a good idea to have all the identifying information with you in the event you lose posession of your gun. Probably big brother kept my pictures somehow, even after I deleted them. Who knows?

5 Likes

As you probably know, if you bought it from an FFL, that serial has your name on it with the FFL on the 4473 anyway

4 Likes

True that. All my guns came from an FFL, plus I registered warranties on the Smith and Wessons, so they can associate me with those guns.

Having pictures in the cloud didn’t seem like too big a deal, but then I got thinking how many more, unknown, bad actors could access those compared to my 4473’s, that I deleted them. Again, it was probably pointless to delete them, who can know?

What I can say is what pushed me to do it. Out of curiosity, I googled on my phone the serial number of my EDC and up popped the photo with the serial number visible on the frame. That told me google had done a text recognition on the picture and logged it. I didn’t like that at all.

6 Likes

Nathan 57 that would mean that I lost my new edc . Under my truck seat. For two weeks and I was FREAKING OUT SIR KAZ I KNEW I HAD JUST MY HEAD UP MY AZZ. :bangbang::us::feather::feather::tiger2::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: SIR. I FOUND IT BUT EVERY ONE KNOWS HOW STUPID I AM NOW SIR . So not just theFE.D’s. MESS UP . I KNOW. NEVER EVER AGAIN SIR . Love Bobby Jean sir .

2 Likes

Thats why I keep pics’ of all of my weapons, along with their corresponding serial numbers, and kept in 2 different places.

3 Likes

That’s how I lost my edc I have so many that I have problems keeping up with them. You would love my crib brother . Love Bobby Jean :feather::feather:.:tiger2::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::eagle:

1 Like

I more attached to my firearms than my kids! :innocent:

If it’s not on my hip it’s in my nightstand, if it’s not in the nightstand it’s in my safe, if it’s not in my safe it’s on my hip.
If it’s not on my hip, you know the thing!

5 Likes

I don’t “misplace” my weapons. If someone gets my weapon somehow look for my dead carcass somewhere. Otherwise, all of my guns were lost in a boating accident years ago.

5 Likes

Miss placed means I started working on my truck and Debbie ann seen my edc on the seat of my truck and she put it in my consul of my truck and then she said I didn’t do anything with it and that I set one down and Debbie ann ocd. Has to relocate it and for get where I I crap my self . It’s hard to crawl under my truck with three edc’s on and my baby has a I just don’t know where the f it is brother . I have to get my shif together definitely . Bobby Jean :feather::feather::tiger2::us::us::us::heart::white_heart::blue_heart:SIR

My thought would be, if you can only crawl under the truck with two of the guns and have to take the third off, carrying two guns might be a better fit for you

2 Likes