How long has it been since you've been to the range?

My range isn’t open that early. That actually sounds amazing. Nice and cool in the morning, and no new range goers around (I love new people going to the range, I just don’t always feel comfortable being next to them :joy:)

4 Likes

I’ve got an older 6 inch, with the original Lett style grips on it. It’s my favorite gun. I taught my wife to shoot with it. Now, I’m contemplating a Burris Fastfire 3 on top of it.

5 Likes

Our range is 24/7 key card access. It’s dirt cheap at $140 a year give or take. I make the most of my money! Sometimes another person will show up but not often. We have 14 lanes but now can only use 7.

5 Likes

Bout 8 days since I shot, but not at the range.

The range to which I belong reopened indoor lanes ti members about a week ago, but a 24 hours ahead reservation is required.
Until things get a lot closer to normal, I’ll continue to shoot on private property.

4 Likes

I headed to Northern Ohio on Saturday to hang with my son and will he visiting his bosses private range.

6 Likes

lucky

:+1:

5 Likes

This afternoon again🤣

7 Likes

I will be going after I get done with work today.

5 Likes

I was there today and going tomorrow with my daughter, the range is a hour away. They also do memberships to the USCCA. You can do low light shooting, draw from a hoister, moving targets, reload time and draw time. Awesome place. .

5 Likes

I’m in South Atlanta and have my own range. I shoot at least once a week or more.

5 Likes

Yesterday at my son’s bosses outdoor range shooting pistol calibers. Today to the indoor range shooting rifle calibers.

7 Likes

Range day…
Just as soon as I finish this coffee and get off my arse…

6 Likes

Started to reload, and learn from scratch. Thank goodness for a USCCA mentor!!! Over last few months been scoring 9mm supplies and purchased equipment. Painfully set up dies, etc. to precision as I could achieve. Shot test loads last night with different gr of pow (I call powder and snow, pow). Smooth. I think I have the correct recipe. Now I need a chrono!!!

Our moving target controller shot craps so will have to have it repaired.

Nice evening, no wind, rain, the mrs and I shot over 300 rounds!!!

As soon as I get the moving target system up and running, will post some pix of our range.

7 Likes

I have my SIRT laser gun to train at home in the meanwhile but I am looking forward to doing some pew,pew,pew!

6 Likes

Yesterday, with my daughter. I tried out the new trigger in my Security 9 and loved it. Also tried out some new ammo from Fenix Ammo. Very nice stuff. Smooth shooting and very consistent; grouped five in a 2" bull at 7 yards , which is a good day for me.

5 Likes

Today with daughter.

6 Likes

Finally got out to the range today!

Going to the range to me is so therapeutic. I really needed to escape the the world for a little bit and focus on some shooting.

6 Likes

20200527_200022

6 Likes

This going up on private property within 7 days…

That said, local Walmart had zero pigeons in stock, and amazon prime has a box of 90 priced at $89!

Went to Cabelas, box of 90 for $8.99, and got a 10% military discount.
I have to wonder if Amazon has a data entry error there…one would be nutso to pay that much!

I’ve never shot clay pigeons with pistol. Am curious if FMJ 9mm will just make holes vs shattering, or if it takes a JHP in 9mm (,or 38 spl) to shatter one. I’ll report back on it :slight_smile:

I’m going to use this outdoor system for 9mm, 38spl, 45ACP, and 300BLK. Gotta be a little more fun than punching holes in paper. Plus I can do draw+fire from concealment…yaay again

8 Likes

When trap shooting, a single pellet will break up a clay pigeon.

4 Likes