How long has it been since you've been to the range?

I have my SIRT gun but, I still have my new gun that I have not shot! My house has targets on every wall or should I say, I make things targets with post-its.

6 Likes

If it’s been a few days, it’s been too long. I just love going. I love challenging myself. I love the smell. I love the bulls eye. The details of every pull having to be consistent. It’s been too long. The dry fire and laser systems are all great for training and the wallet but nothing compares to the range.

4 Likes

A week or 2 for me I need to go more often

4 Likes

We used to call those a Beretta 70S. Fun gun but not too accurate. Available in .22 LR and 380 auto.

4 Likes

This past weekend. it was 30-06 day. Took the Garand and M1903A3 out for a spin.

7 Likes

Went today, shot my .22lr pistols and rifles. 3 hours for about $10 of ammo (300 plus rounds of t’bolt bought when times were good).
Not getting any younger, good for the eyes to shoot pistol a lot, and .22 helps with the sight picture as well as the other rounds.
Did some offhand with the rifles, again, good practice.

6 Likes

Yesterday.

I bought a range membership. For $250/yr I can go as often as I like. So I go weekly, sometimes twice. Nice!

At 50’ with my little 3.1" barrel EC9s, I was within 3" of center target for 75% of my shots. I’m pleased with that. Funny that when I was aiming at a smaller target, my shots were more accurate. My brain interpreted it differently.

7 Likes

Paying by the year is so much nicer than paying by the hour or the day, imo. Much more relaxing.

5 Likes

I do the same thing. The great part out of it is the no time worry and access priority.

6 Likes

And much less expensive. Going once a week at $15/hr would cost me $780/yr. I’m paying one-third that. Cheaper, and I feel I’m a better shooter as a result.

7 Likes

Aim small… miss small…

7 Likes

I spent whole Thursday in class hosted by Carry Trainer :love_you_gesture:

A 2021-10-08 17-51-09

I have been following his YT channel for last 2 years and finally got a chance to meet him in person.
Great class, awesome training, good time, lot of fun and the most important - skills improvement !

8 Likes

So, will you be on the Youtube video?

5 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I don’t know… The class was recorded, but not all these recordings are posted.

6 Likes

I was at the range the other day with my cute little Ruger EC9s hitting within 2"-3" of center target at 17 yards.

Next to me is this young guy with a fancy new Canik TP9SFX with a really cool looking red dot sight. Impressive looking!

He’s got his target dangling about 10 feet away and his shots were going all over the place. He was figuring that red dot should make things easy.

He asked me how I was getting such good groupings at 50’. I just told him it was good instruction, plenty of dry firing with a laser cartridge, and 1-2 times a week at the range taking my time. In other words, I work hard at it.

Spiffy technology is no substitute for instruction, practice and skill development.

4 Likes

I’ve been worse shooting pistol the past 2 years it seems, less shooting, more focus on rifle…excuses. 2 weeks ago I took my new neighbor, never shot before, took him through the safety portion, then guided him through a couple .22’s, working on his grip, support hand pressure, aligning the fingers etc…when he was ready to solo, I grabbed a .22 and saw him do the “holy cow” face at my grouping. I figured I’m always okay with .22, no recoil, but then took my Glock 43, and put 6 shots in a 3" target at 15 yards, mag dump style. I realized then that not only had I taught my neighbor, but also had given myself a refresher course. Had 3 other 9’s with me, and shot the best I have in a few years.

6 Likes

Nicely done!

3 Likes

That G43 is a real good shooter, especially considering it’s size. I built a P80sc, based on the 26, and that gun is range worthy as well.

4 Likes

It should be easy to spot a minion on his next YT video…

5 Likes

I’m not sure…I was hiding pretty good… :grinning:

4 Likes