How long has it been since you've been to the range?

Really is hard to do anything at the range without ammo. I guess that’s why everyone is buying eight thousand rounds when they find it.

3 Likes

That’s why classes with good instructor are better these days.
You don’t even need single round with own firearm (dry firing) or use airsoft gun.
Pew-pew is not necessary for good training. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

That’s why I pew with pellets almost every day:

(And yeah, there’s always that one annoying shot. :grimacing:)

7 Likes

Yesterday .

3 Likes

Today.
Shooting from behind cover :love_you_gesture:

A 2021-10-15 22-27-53

6 Likes

I went today! and this happened! 25 feet - .45 acp

On the other hand,… this happened too!

7 Likes

That’s a pretty catastrophic failure! Hope the gun is still in one piece?

4 Likes

It actually is! I am going through it now though!

5 Likes

More importantly, do you clean it when it is filthy or fails, or frequently, like some have mentioned.

4 Likes

So wait… is that big hole the result of one big bass exploding cartridge? :rofl:

Seriously, @Todd30, nice shooting! And glad you’re still with us after that failure.

4 Likes

I was trying the shoot the whole center of the ten spot out! Just like the BB gun at the fair but, just like the fair I did not win the giant teddy bear. I inspected my gun and it is good to go!

5 Likes

You had me going there brother @Todd30 . :hushed::hushed:

3 Likes

Awesome!! I bet that was a great time and great experience.

Remember…don’t be a d**khead

:information_source: That’s a Carry Trainer signoff phrase to the uninformed. Just calling that out as not to offend anyone :grimacing:

4 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:
A 2021-10-21 23-39-41

One of the best training sessions ever !

4 Likes

If dry fire counts as going to the range, then 4 times last week and only once this week, but it’s only 1500 on Monday. I do have RSO twice this week which = some shooting time if it’s not busy. :+1:

5 Likes

Enjoyed helping a client on the range this morning for two hours sighting in and firing his new rifle. We spent an hour beforehand going through how to properly disassemble, clean and reassemble his new purchase prior to the range visit.

After arriving home, I spent some time on dry fire practice.

I really do love my job!

Stay safe out there.

5 Likes

@Kim2
I would say - every time you handle the firearm and practice any behaviour with it can count as range time.
But for this thread’s purposes, I believe we need to see the flash and hear the blast :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Agree 100%. A lot of my dry fire is actually draw from the holster & recovery, reloads and using laser round/targets. Working an muscle memory and technique.

5 Likes

What you are doing pays dividends when you do get to the range for live fire.

Stay safe out there.

5 Likes

That looks like the exit wound from Biden’s AR-14!

6 Likes