How long has it been since you've been to the range?

False advertising if that was in the product description. A good reason to always do a screen shot of what you’re buying.

I’m a little ticked at Sig. My P226 Legion came with three Mec-Gar mags as opposed to the regular glossy blued USA made mags. I know they’re experiencing a mag shortage, but the Mec-Gars aren’t nearly as nice as the others, and retail for about one third the price.

5 Likes

Went Friday this week. Still sore big time from my fall last week, so stuck to .22lr. Really loving that round lately, getting trigger time while not wasting the bigger stuff, and easier on the ears as well. Pistol/rifle 10-200 yards.

7 Likes

This past Thursday, took two new (to pistoles) shooters out, fired 5 different pistols and revolvers.
A good time was had by all, we had the outdoor range to ourselves on a rainy humid day. I even got to shoot a little myself. :us:

6 Likes

I am overdue for a range trip. Unfortunately all my shooting spots are closed due to forest fire restrictions:(

5 Likes

Just 2 weeks ago I was RSO and We took turns taking a break so we each had a chance to shoot a few rounds with the ammo shortage do not do as much as I would like to yet.

6 Likes

Welcome to the family @Sassyvenus and you are in the right place at the right time.

4 Likes

I go monthly at a minimum. Some form of training, either a class, or a box of 50 rounds.

5 minutes of dry fire practice each morning. Once a week I add in full malfunction drills and mag changes, etc. taking about 15 minutes. Gotta stay sharp.

4 Likes

Yesterday. I took the M1A out for a spin. A good time was had by all. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Sweet gun for sure. What model do you have?

5 Likes

The Standard Issue. I’m a sucker for those old style wood stocks. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Went yesterday. Some days I learn more than others. They had plenty of 9mm ammo in stock, still almost twice as expensive as pre 2020, but not three times the old price. I noticed how much busier the range got again.

For those new to firearms or who have not tested out different models, I suggest rent and try out different types, such as revolvers vs. semi auto hand guns, short, mid, and longer barrels, especially to test what would be more accurate and a better EDC for you. Yesterday, I discovered a new model which I think I will seek to be a replacement as an EDC for me.

6 Likes

Curious about what caught your fancy @Burdo ? If you’re willing to share.

I’m still stuck waiting for some much needed rains to open the forest back up so I can go out and play:)

5 Likes

It’s been too long I just learned the owner of the nearest shooting range passed away last year just before Fauci Scam restrictions started.

6 Likes

Just got back from my once a weeker. M1a Scout and Marlin 60 for long guns, shot steel at 1 and 200, paper at 100, then hit pistol with my 1911 and Beretta M9, along with some .22lr mag dumping, SR22 and Glock clone with conversion. Paper at 15-20 and 25.
Met up with a guy from a CT forum GUNTALK.CLUB and a few others at the rifle range, actually quite a few others, and we all had fun.

5 Likes

Went to the range on Wednesday with one of my very good friends .

7 Likes

Just went today. I tried out some new ammo Sierra Outdoor Master 185 grn HP. 5 in. group at 25 yds. 13 rnds. from my S.A. XDM .45, first time I tried them. :+1:

6 Likes

6 months, just don’t have the time.

5 Likes

Today!
Shot a magazine of my carry Ammo, for the rotation, and to check sight alignment. 1/2 a box of ball Ammo. 3 cylinders of .357 mag from my GP100, because I enjoy shooting it. The rest was getting the .22 rifles ready for the 4H expo next Sunday. This was with my son. The weather was sunny and 69 degrees. It was a perfect day at the range.

8 Likes

Tonight.
4 hr of holster drawing, reloading and clearing malfunctions… just everyday simple stuff that cannot be forgotten.

7 Likes

Yesterday! It seems most here are doing a good job of maintaining proficiency!

7 Likes