How long has it been since you've been to the range?

Lately when I have been going to the range it is with my 22lr because I am able to find ammo at reasonable price 1000 rds for 60 dollars

6 Likes

I am fortunate that I can shoot at my home. However I must admit I have really been a slacker the last 5-6 months. I had a bike accident and it has taken a lot of time to heal (back, wrists and rotator cuffs). What time and energy I did have was used just trying to keep the house clean and in repair. Good news is I am now feeling pretty OK, so going to be shooting tomorrow actually. I dont anticipate any issues, but plan to stick to the .22LR to begin with and see how it feels. Hoping to get in perhaps 100 - 200 rounds. If no issues will probably try for once a week. Before the accident I would sometimes shoot 3 days in a row, then nothing for a couple weeks. No rigid agenda, just as time allows. What I do try and do is shoot different times of day and conditions like shade, sun, dawn etc.

6 Likes

WELL… as fate would have it. I have mentioned being able to shoot on your own property has its pitfalls.
In my previous post I was adimate I was going to do some shooting today. Had the gun out last night, ready to go. Then SHAZAM! Cell phone did an update and I have been up close to 37 hours fixing it (updaye killed the keypad… totally unable to log into the phone). Unfortunately, all my passwords and contacts were on the phone so I couldnt log into anything. I actually had a backup, but the program to read it had to be installed on the phone, which I could not log into.
So, no shooting today. If it had been a planned range trip with a friend I probably would have gone, but being home, exhausted and rather upset (I apologize if any of my posts were a bit tacky… I was very tired and upset, was stoll posting around 3:00 AM Pacific time between phone re-boots.
Gun still out, I expect tomorrow will work out a lot better!

5 Likes

Man that stinks just when you were excited to go stuff happens. But when you make it up you have a better time. :+1::+1:

4 Likes

You really don’t need to go to the range to practice, all you need is a little time, and a nice room to practice you speed to draw and your sight alignment. Just make sure you have a safe space at home. And a wall to put a small piece of paper. You do these and when you are able to go to the range you’d be surprised at the accuracy. Have fun, be safe, and GOD Bless :pray:

5 Likes

Welcome to the family and god bless you.

4 Likes

welcome to the community and God Bless.

4 Likes

I just got done at the range and experienced a squib

6 Likes

My oldest son and I went this morning. Set up some challenging courses of fire for handgun. Had the bay all to ourselves. Fastest 3 hrs ever but great fun. (He’s quick and improving)

5 Likes

Very nice!

5 Likes

I’ve been today…
… but not for shooting :stuck_out_tongue:
FBI has been informed, $30 has been charged, background check passed :blush:
in IL that means -> in 3 days new firearm will be welcomed at home. :muscle:t2:

12 Likes

Ahhh, your expecting! how wonderful! Please do tell, ( because I missed it ) what are you expecting?

I bet you have it’s little room all fixed up too. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Uuuuuughhh, it’s been to long. For me, it’s that the deserts are closed due to the heat. The actual range is doing steel targets only right now, and while that’s cool and all, I have no reason to go there. I want to go into the desert.

Technically, I just went to an indoor range to zero pistol red dots/lasers. But indoor ranges don’t count in my opinion.

4 Likes

When was the last time you shot in the dark and what did you use (white light, IR, thermal)

Got any tips or tricks?

4 Likes

Yeah… the new experience is born !
To be honest I’ve never thought I would do this… but due to 9mm shortage I decided to be a friend with .22LR .
My choice: M&P22 Compact.

8 Likes

good thing you know what it was and did fire another shot behind it, that could of be Dangerous!!!

4 Likes

I have a feeling you will be glad you have it. A good .22 pistol is a great thing to have for lots of reasons. The .22 LR gets disrespected for the things it doesn’t do so well, or can’t do. But that does not take away from all the things it can do. The difference between a .22, and no gun at all, is huge!

6 Likes

Went to the range last Wednesday and took my girlfriend. She got to shoot the 5.56 and she loved it! She shot my .45 Kimber ultra carry. She shot it three times and put ice on her arm when she got home. I shot about a hundred rounds. I bought extra 5.56 rounds while I was using the range so, I got to go home with more rounds than when I got there.

6 Likes

I did Defense Shooting Fundamentals level 1 about 36 hours ago. I was the only student so we got to do extra training. I shot roughly 560 rounds outside in 100 degree sunlight lol. That was fun! Some may ask why I took it if I already know how to do everything it taught. Well, you are never to experienced to get back to the basics and practice fundamentals. I also want to become a Defensive Shooting instructor and I heard the pass rate was low. I figured the best way to prep for that class next Spring was to take the actual classes that I would teach and see what I need to practice on.

6 Likes

@Steven147 - great strategy. :+1:t2:
I took DSF1 twice already. Why twice? Because it’s so great class and one of the best basic trainings.

5 Likes