How Easy Would It Be

How easy would it be for anyone advocating moderate views and a constitutionally based one country perspective, that had a credible history, to come in and sweep the election?

I’m thinking maybe retired general due to their typically apolitical history and ability to lead?

• Most people are tired of being divided and would get in line to vote for a honest unifying force
  • People are too divided and we are past meeting in the middle now.

0 voters

4 Likes

I really dislike my vote but it is how I currently see people, it saddens me.

Don

6 Likes

Same here. There are way to many hidden agendas and layered plans in play to find common ground. This is nothing new but a tipping point may have been reached. The Republic is in dire trouble.

4 Likes

If we have to ask the question, then it’s already over. The world we grew up in is gone. Depending on the “winner” will determine how this will be remembered. It’s being torn dow and burnt! If there was ever a time to take our country back it’s now.
I pray my parents didn’t think the same way when Woodstock occurred. We did change the world but it was done with a puff of a joint and a tab of acid, not by the removal of historical landmarks or by taking over major cities. Even then, there was still a healthy respect for law and order. Sure there were protests! But I don’t remember an all out attack and ambush on law enforcement.

4 Likes

To answer the original question. Not easy, not easy at all. Too much money at play. Maybe with a great leader during a world wide cataclysmic event, man made or natural, the energy would be there to elect them.

2 Likes

Most of the generals have become spineless weasels. Apologizing for what is right and just. Look at the loser that apologized for walking with the pres. Are you kidding me!!!

5 Likes

I think the division is too deep & the gap is widening by the day. I think there should be term limits for every US Senator & Congressman. The Bill of Rights is sacred and should be valued as such.

The idea of some individual coming along to unify, not only the :us: but the :earth_americas:, is one of the prophecies of the Bible yet to be fulfilled. This person would be embraced by most folks as a hero & savior. It is easy to agree or disagree with a man, but I always pause to consider who is behind that man…

Politics are difficult to navigate. You can support a candidate’s platform but dislike the candidate. What would a unification candidate or platform look like? :thinking:

3 Likes

I generally disagree. I’ve said for years that if a true moderate ran, s/he could win in a landslide. By “moderate,” I mean someone who is willing to at least acknowledge alternative perspectives without resorting to insults, or ask how a change that benefits one group of Americans might harm another. Ideally, I mean a candidate who will follow the Constitution, even when it’s unpopular with his/her own party.

The fringe of each side hates this idea, but I really believe the average voter is sick and tired of the division. The problem is that Primary elections are designed to pander to those fringe elements, and moderates never survive to the general election.

1 Like

Add third choice - More is going on, than meets the eye. Who’d ever think we have a “deep state”?

1 Like

I am sadly in the majority. There is a Libertarian candidate, Jo Jorgensen, who everyone can love and hate. I expect she will get a record number of votes for a third party candidate. The only question will be is who is she drawing the votes away from. Here is one of her platforms:

Turn America into One Giant Switzerland: Armed and Neutral – with the military force to defend America’s shores and soil against any foreign attackers or invaders. Protected by an armed citizenry and by a military laser-focused on defending America. No US involvement in foreign wars. Bring home our 200,000+ American military personnel stationed in foreign countries. No US military aid to foreign governments. No US blockades or embargoes of non-military trade.”

4 Likes

I like Libertarians for the most part, but it seems like they’re never all that serious about winning.

1 Like

Not enough funds. Show me a candidate that can drop a billion on his or her campaign

1 Like

Isn’t that what Trump was supposed to be? Both Dems and Republicans hated him when he swept the primary field.

Look how that turned out…
There’s no pleasing everyone.

1 Like

Bloomberg.

Didn’t work out.

2 Likes

Ross Perot, was probably last Libertarian that had a chance and then the CIA started putting recorders in his daughters wedding cake. (Strange but True) or that’s what Ross Perot thought.

2 Likes

Was he a libertarian? I thought he created the reform party, that Donald Trump later ran under.

2 Likes

I think if there were actually a moderate candidate, they’d win in a landslide.

The question wasn’t posed as such, but the actual problem is how do you get a person with moderate, reasonable, rational, logical views into a position where we can vote for them?

2 Likes

bloomberg had no message, no platform to run on. Wasted his money. Actually, he may still be lurking in the shadow, hoping the presumptive nominee will suddenly vacate the field, you know, dementia flare up, or catch some respiratory virus during a rally

1 Like

Funny you should ask, I have a set of steps that would restructure a portion of our government and literally assure a more reasonable legislation guiding our country …

And a plan to eliminate almost any chance of voting fraud.

Unfortunately, the majority of the public has all been damaged by mass media and hysteria around technology and privacy that makes my voting system controversial at best, and my restructuring idea would likely get a lot of pushback from both political parties, as it would effectively eliminate the need for any political parties, as well as lobbyists.

1 Like

My boss was a friend of Perot’s. I asked him what kind of president he thought Perot would be? He thought for a second, then replied “he would either be the best president we ever had, or the worst”.

3 Likes