How does the govt know who has what magazines to tax?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That…accomplishment was equivalent :rofl: to me plunging my toilet after my teenage boys came home from taco bell

Who would want that job?

Cool idea but still scary looking.

Eventually they’re going to bully vendors to turnover their records. This is a good reminder to remove any archived emails from Gmail, Yahoo, etc., and move them to your computer.

1 Like

They will make it a crime for you not to tell them that you have them.

1 Like

Wrong post. Oops

The government won’t know. But they do know that law abiding citizens do and, if the law is past, most law abiding citizens will comply with the law. A minority of us will fail to comply, will potentially become felons and will lose our high ground saying these laws only affect law abiding citizens.

4 Likes

Buy Kalikey’s for all my AR rifles to make them bolt action?:thinking:

1 Like

I don’t really think the majority will comply. I think we’ll all buy 10 round magazines and store away our larger magazines until the law changes again.

But if any ATF agents are reading this, I’ll fully comply with all laws and regulations, as I always have.

2 Likes

Democratic politicians have wanted that for decades, now there is no one to stop them.

1 Like

If the NYS “SAFE” Act and CT and MA are any indication of compliance, we will find a very high non-compliance rate with any of their unconstitutional actions, the same as when the “bump stock” ban was enacted.

1 Like

That won’t save it because it can quickly be converted back AND… the firearm is still “capable” of holding a 10+ magazine. It most likely came from manufacturer w a collapsible stock. Both… making it an assault weapon within the bill if it passes. You can change whatever you want. It’s how the firearm was originally manufactured mad what it’s “capable” of doing.

I’d love to see what would happen if this sort of method was suggested (demanded) in other areas. Driving licences, perhaps. One day, 16+ can drive, the next only 21+. Special training for buses one day, free range vehicles the next. Can cross state borders one day, the next day…jail time. Automatic license removal for ages over 65 one day, 55 the next.

Sometimes pointing out the ridiculousness can help.

2 Likes

Target practice.

2 Likes

Of course you did not buy an AR-15 for self-defense. Joe Biden recommends a shotgun, preferably a double-barreled one. As he is quoted as saying, either go outside and discharge both barrels into the air, or shoot through your front door.

2 Likes

I totally understand this. Mine MP-15 was purchased at least 50% for the same reasons, and I really wanted something that matched the Colt M4 without paying the Colt price.

What you’re describing matches my opinion that civilians should generally have access to the same technology that the military and police do. I understand that not everyone agrees with me on that, but I think that’s the purpose of the 2nd Amendment.

Someone will always come back and ask if that includes nuclear weapons. I think that’s a ridiculous argument, but I’ll concede that there are some things so dangerous that we have to be careful with them. I just don’t think small arms fall into that category, no matter how scary a black rifle looks to the uninitiated. I suppose the counter argument is that if something is so dangerous that civilians can’t have them, then perhaps they should be internationally banned altogether.

1 Like

The whole nuke argument borders on the ridiculous. Plutonium is already heavily regulated. People are not going to be able to go buy a suitcase nuke absent some very sophisticated technology and equipment to enrich plutonium. It is not something you throw into an Instantpot and cook a few hours.
At the same time we see space travel privatized and the government relying on a private supplier. If a private person (and the legal definition of person includes corporations and other business entities) can launch rockets into space, they have the ability to perpetrate destruction at the same levels as world governments. Elon Musk may not have nukes but he has the ability to replicate the MOAB pretty simply with the technology that he owns.

2 Likes

I did buy mine for defense. I prefer it over a shotgun and my wife can not manage a shotgun either, it’s not just for me to use. Not to mention shotguns in my area are tough to practice with when ranges only allow 00-Buck. Has anybody looked lately but 00-Buck is just as hard to find as 9mm or .223 and at $2.00 / she’ll it’s not cheap to practice with when you do find some.

1 Like

Every time this comes up I think of the same thing. What if the door is open. Do you have to close it so you can fire through it, or do you step outside to where the threat is and fire into the air? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like