How Do You Want to Be Remembered?

W. C. Fields composed an epitaph - “All things considered, I’d rather be in Philadelphia.” He HATED Philadelphia - it was too tough for Vaudevillians to make a living there. I’d like to be remembered as a song-and-dance man, and a serious, SERIOUS surfer.

5 Likes

I want to be remembered for my wisdom. compassion, and masterful cooking skills. I want to be remembered as an inspiration to people.
Chef Todd Gillespie

6 Likes

How you wish to be remembered versus how you will be remembered are probably very different things, and something over which we have very little control.

5 Likes

I am under no illusion about my level of insignificance.

13 Likes

Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me Maurice
'Cause I speak of the pompatus of love

People talk about me, baby
Say I’m doing you wrong, doing you wrong
Well, don’t you worry, baby, don’t worry
'Cause I’m right here, right here, right here, right here at home

'Cause I’m a picker, I’m a grinner
I’m a lover and I’m a sinner
I play my music in the sun

I’m a joker, I’m a smoker
I’m a midnight toker
I get my loving on the run

You’re the cutest thing that I ever did see
I really love your peaches, want to shake your tree
Lovey-dovey, lovey-dovey, lovey-dovey all the time
Oh, baby, I’ll sure show you good time

'Cause I’m a picker, I’m a grinner
I’m a lover and I’m a sinner
I play my music in the sun

4 Likes

To be honest, I don’t think I want to be remembered when I’m gone. Reason being, most of the time one is remembered it bring back the pain when they departed this life. Then again, I could just be massed up because of the life I grew up in.

6 Likes

Remembered for how long? If it is year 3021, and they still know my name…probably not a good thing.

4 Likes

The ancient Egyptians believed that a man dies twice, once when he loses his life, and a once more the last time his name is uttered.

5 Likes

I want to be remembered by my children as a good father and husband. By others as a man after God’s own heart. And by all a sinner redeemed by the blood of our Lord and Savior, Jesus.

5 Likes

Think what you will of me when alive & forget it when I’m gone.

3 Likes

I want to be remembered as “that guy who was real old, real active, sharp as a tack, and smarter than anyone ever appreciated”. :wink: :wink:

5 Likes

we must be related…lol

3 Likes

Husband
Father
Protector
Child of God
The rest, I don’t really care.

8 Likes

Not for my browser history or junk mail! Seriously though…

As someone that stood up for I believed in even when it was unpopular.

Father
Husband
Consistent
Honest
Trustworthy

3 Likes

walked with God: and he was no more; for God took him.
A man like Enoch!

9 Likes

Would like to be remembered as just an everyday person. And what my HH6 and kids think are the only thing that would matter to me. We always think about making that big mark in the world. I told my oldest son one day that one of my great grand kids could end up being President. So I meant that my worldly accomplishments are my kids

3 Likes

or a man like King Solomon.

4 Likes

I’m blessed to have a dad who’s still alive. I think of him as… (in no particular order)

A man who is faithful and steady…

Who works hard…

Who does the hard thing…

Who loves the Book…

Who stands up for what is right and never backed down when he was convinced he was right…

Who provides for his family…

Who is always there for me…

If my wife and kids remember me the way I remember and think of my dad, I’d be honored.

I’m not sure it matters if anyone else remembers me.

7 Likes

Could not be said any better. You have a great dad!

2 Likes

I want to be remembered by the success of my 5 boys. If they are honest, loving hardworking, honorable, and good to their wives and kids I will have died a happy man.

5 Likes