How do you people carry all that stuff?

G20 IWB, 2 Spare mags OWB, Folding 4" knife strong hand cargo pocket, A small folding utility knife weak hand cargo pocket, (box opener basically) Surefire flashlight weak hand side pouch below spare mags and a light weight body cam that I’ll put on before going into a store etc. Works in summer and winter equally well. :wink:

1 Like

I take my ifak out and put it in my left rear pocket.

Tourniquet, Israeli battle bandage, and a couple of other things that I picked up as a Naval Corpsman who went to both short and long school. Being a medic, in the military, and civvie this isn’t my first rodeo.

3 Likes

370 Touring Convertible. Nice Eye.

1 Like

WOW!! I couldn’t imagine carrying around all that gear. I simply have a very thin wallet with my DL, CC, CCP, 2 business cards, and my phone. If I’m carrying my firearm, that’s the only other inclusion aside from car key in a pocket.

My old 1SG used to say “if you have to carry all that sh*t, you don’t know what you’re doing”. I was leaving out the wire with my full battle rattle, 5 extra mags, 3 extra grenades, extra smoke, 100mph tape, combat knife, bayonet, drop leg side arm, …

That stuck with me till this day… keep it light, only what you need, move faster when you need to, you’re not going to win the war by yourself…

1 Like

@Ryisheed Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you. :us:

Wife drives a Maxima. Recognized the basic key, then noticed the Z.

Here’s how you do it—

4 Likes

EDC Tactical Donkeys. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This has been a riot. And somewhat educational.

“How do you people carry all that stuff?” was just a rhetorical question.

2 Likes

Some times ya just never know what yer gonna start. :rofl:

1 Like

I will just hope the bad guy makes a mistake and use his. :joy:

We had a safety training session at work recently and there was a reminder in the training that firearms were not permitted at work up to and including one’s car in the parking lot. I imagine others here have similar rules. Do you still carry and leave it locked in your car?

2 Likes

That is going to depend, for one thing, on your state’s laws. In some states employers can do that, in other states they generally can not. (extend to locked in car bans)

I’d also be surprised if people, even behind semi-anonymous internet names, voluntarily shared that they are violating employer policy.

That said, I know some people do just that. Others don’t. Up to you. In the past I carried at work when, I am pretty sure had I asked, they would have said no…I wasn’t totally sure what policy was and didn’t care to ask and find out (wouldn’t have changed what I did anyway).

Currently my employer is very open to and in fact supportive of safe and lawful carry at work so that’s not an issue any more. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

For the active shooter training we had to type out answers. I suggested taking volunteers to go through an armed security course to help in such situations. That probably wont go over well but we’ll see.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure if a gun is locked in a car on company property and the company’s written policy is “no guns on company property,” one would be breaking a company rule, regardless of what the state allows.

Companies can make any policy they want on their property.

So you could be fired but not jailed.

4 Likes

It is against state law here in Mississippi for employers to deny you the right to have a firearm in your private vehicle because MS considers your vehicle an extension of your home. The only exception to this is if you are on federal property.

3 Likes

Depends on the state.

3 Likes

I’ve mentioned this before.

Back when I was working in the corporate world, there was a no firearms at work policy.
This was during a time when people who got fired tended to go back in to work and start shoot folks.
The job I had was somewhat high risk for this as well.

Against company policy I carried a small pocket pistol. It was my choice to protect myself. No one would ever see it, it didn’t print and I never even told my closest work friend. At worst I risked loosing my job but I was in IT so it would have been easy to find another.

7 Likes

When I was younger I thought I had to carry every piece of gear imaginable and even considered a flamethrower strapped to my back under my jacket! At some point I realized it was taking a longer for me to gear up that was taking my lady to get ready to go somewhere. Now that I’m older this is what I do.
Hellcat owb custom holster behind left hip.
Pocket knife clipped into left front pocket
Spare 15 round mag horizontal on my belt front left side cross draw.
Small tactical flashlight clipped front right pocket
Keys front right pocket
Wallet very minimalistic rear right pocket with permit and a few cards including uscca card
Cell phone either front shirt pocket left side or with my very thin wallet rear right pocket.

Nowadays the flamethrower goes in the car!

4 Likes

99% of the time, a pocket pistol in a pocket holster, with a speed loader in the opposite pocket.
No pack mules. Simple.

5 Likes