How do you keep it concealed?

All if my dr’s know that i cc… and they know i never leave home without it… the only place i dont carry is my pain dr… since the last incident… my pcp i carry… revenew office i carry… even though it has a sign for only advanced carry is allowed they have never asked and im not telling…

2 Likes

I agree with you about the belt. I’ll bet a lot of new CC citizens totally overlook that, but a regular store-bought belt just won’t cut it. I use a Hank’s Belt, and while it’s not reinforced as some belts are, it’s unsplit leather, very thick and even with my full-sized 9mm there’s no sagging to it at all. Nice and simple to take care of, too. I just reverse the direction when I wash my jeans.
Been wearing it a year or so now, and the only marks on it are where the buckle sits when it’s fastened. A touch of belt conditioner now and again, and it’s all good.
One note of caution: Do NOT over-condition a leather gunbelt. You don’t want it all soft, it needs to be fairly rigid to support your sidearm. Put goop on it when not needed, and you just wasted the $80+ that a gunbelt can cost.

3 Likes

@George98 & @JoeC: I like those cards. Not patronizing a business does nothing if they don’t know that you’ve stopped buying from them and why.

(And I love that term, “No Business Card!”)

3 Likes

ISRA handed them out at the Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day (IGOLD) immediately following the CCW law coming into effect. I like the card @JoeC posted also. Very educational. @JoeC, is it copyrighted or available somewhere?

1 Like

I’ve been wearing vests for a long time, the added benefit of conceal is great!

3 Likes

Sorry, first I saw of your question, go ahead and take it and have a bunch printed up. I don’t even remember where I got it from, possibly on Illinois Carry

2 Likes

Normal EDC is a hybrid AIWB holster. Sometimes I wear a ‘joey pouch’ when wearing nothing but jogging shorts and a t-shirt. One thing I DO NOT recommend is any ‘sticky’ type holster or mag pouch. First hand experience with using the bathroom and forgetting that the friction of my belt is keeping everything up. Long story short, my mag pouch fell into the toilet as soon as I loosened my belt.

2 Likes

@Gerald105 - welcome to the community!

3 Likes

@OldGnome Thanks. I consider myself a newbie to the CCW community having it less than a year, but I’ve been 3 gunning for years, so safety is top priority.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @Gerald105

2 Likes

@Gerald105 welcome to the family brother and you are blessed to be here.

2 Likes

Whoa! Brilliant!

Message to USCCA: Take note. How about providing members with such similar. Happy to purchase.

1 Like

I like the one @JoeC posted in # 57 better. I am going to try to use them in a business card template or visit a printer to see about having them made. His go beyond the $$$ and address sound reasoning!

1 Like

George,

Try VistaPrint. They do a great job on my business cards and have quite a few Patriotic designs. They ship fast too.

Stay safe out there.

2 Likes

The only way I carry is in a shoulder holster and I wear western clothes that has snaps,use my left hand to pull the snaps open,and my right to draw

3 Likes

Living in Alaska it’s easy, layers of clothes offer options one doesn’t have in California. But there are drawbacks, it takes a wee bit longer to draw.
Practice is the only option, thanks to USCCA I have better knowledge now. To answer completely, I carry underarm using a Falco pivoting holster, under the outer layer, utilizing the most reliable weapon know still to date, the NSA rated CZ P01 with 18+1 magazines. Extreme weather dictated my choice of weapon. Revolvers can freeze up!, side holsters are prone to snow ingress! Slight uneven heat causes ice build up inside holsters too. IWB are impractical!
My gun stays nice and warm, is easy to access, and is Not frozen or packed with snow/ice. It takes practice to rip off your glove, open outer coat, draw weapon, and fire. I have been chased down my street by a black bear, and regularly encounter bears in my yard spring through fall. That’s my deal, thanks for reading. God bless you all.

3 Likes

Wow, never heard of a pistol that can hold 18+1 mags at the same time!

I know but couldn’t resist

2 Likes

Everybody likes a little a$$ but nobody kikes a wisea$$!

I also couldn’t resist! :innocent: :innocent:

2 Likes

First layer is moister wicking under armour tucked in. This is to keep me from getting scrapped by my firearm and protect it from sweat. I wear close fitting comfortable leather OWB holster. Printing is not really an issue in my state,But I still make every effort to conceal to the very best of my abilities. Very much prefer concealed open open carry. :us:

3 Likes