How do you carry?

Surprisingly, Yes. I practice with that LCR and my Kimber EVO from that location. Both are very easy to grasp and present from there, for me anyways. I’m at about +/-1.3sec alarm to first shot on target.

3 Likes

Fairly new to the concealed carry lifestyle here, but so far I’m using a CYA holster for my Beretta APX a1 carry. I have it at about 2:00/2:30 snugly fit facing down in to my leg joint. I do also have those hidden abs myself and just need to remember to readjust the handle so as not to impale my gut (have the nice bruise showing right now from forgetting to do this when I sat down in my car on Friday). For times I know I’ll be sitting down for extended periods of time, i picked up the USCCA tactical molle bag.

4 Likes

I also have a Nextbelt. It is my go-to belt, I also use a Hanks belt from time to time, which I really like, but the adjustability aspect of the Nextbelt makes it my daily choice.

4 Likes

What? Glock 305… :flushed:

I wasn’t expecting such fast growing production… :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

I’m sorry I really don’t remember and the printed name wore off. It was some company in Texas but there are a lot of really good Kydex holster makers out there. I’m not that hung up on brand names, just comfort and functionality.

3 Likes

A paddle holster if I know where I am going and will have to remove for entrance some place. The other 99 % of the time I use the Galco shoulder rig. Of course South Carolina has open carry if you have a CC permit so I do carry open on occasion. Most times when I do not want to find a cover.

3 Likes

@Will_B
I use a C&G Kydex IWB holster appendix carry.

3 Likes

In the winter I carry OWB for my Glock 48 and Hellcat Pro. In the warmer months I carry AIWB for both. All my holsters are from We the People. Quality varies. The OWB for the Hellcat Pro is great but for the Glock it is so, so. I like the wings for the AIWB but have gone through several for the Glock.

2 Likes

I use primarily two systems for two different handguns.

System 1 in warmer weather is a Vertx/Unity tactical clutch belt (belly band). I use a crossbreed shell inside for either a S&W Shield 9mm or a Glock 19. This is not the most comfortable way in the world to carry, but I want/need the deep concealment it offers.

System 2 is in colder weather. Either a crossbreed minituck for the shield or a supertuck for the G19.

6 Likes

IWB:

• At 2:30 to 3:00 with a forward cant seems to give me the best concealment as well as better access for off/left hand draw

• At 3:30 to 4:00 for better comfort at the expense of the grip sticking out when seated or bending over. It also makes off/left hand draw more challenging

5 Likes

I carry there, I work a little bit on behind the back draw no question, it aint easy.

4 Likes

This discussion brings up some questions for me, and maybe some of our instructors or long time carriers here have some tips that can help me out.

When I’m at work, the most I can carry is my J frame revolver in a front pocket holster. This is super quick and easy to draw. Being in Florida, it’s also great for when I’m lightly dressed in summer clothes.

It’s been a cool winter for us, and my non-work way of dressing these days is a T shirt with a flannel overshirt, both untucked (or a jacket when I’m out). This makes wearing my M&P shield OWB very comfortable, and totally concealable. I like having the extra capacity it gives. I wear it right/strong side at 3:00 in an Urban Carry lock-leather pancake. However, I’m struggling to get a good quick draw having to clear the shirts/jacket with my left hand while I grab the pistol with my right, then get my left hand up and around quickly for a good two hand hold. I seem to get the back of the gun hung up on the shirt tail(s). It may be because the holster and gun ride fairly high above my belt, meaning I need to get the shirt(s) high to clear, but I’m not sure.

Is there a trick I’m missing, or just need to practice a lot more? Being a Florida guy, and having been a daily carrier for only about 3 years, I’m not experienced at clearing heavier clothes.

2 Likes

I had the same problem. I found that clearing my shirt with my Right (strong side) Hand worked better than trying to get my left (weak side) hand around there to clear it. And as you’ve pointed out, Practice, I use a Mantis and draw on the timer feature. I started in the 3 second from alarm to shot range but after many months of practice I’ve gotten down in the 1.2-1.5 range.

4 Likes

Thanks Mike. I’ll try a right-handed clear.

4 Likes

Try tucking the T-shirt so you only have to clear the one overshirt.

6 Likes

This has been my tactic with the over-shirt, mostly in warmer weather. Even after a lot of training, my overshirt will still occasionally interfere with my draw.

Sadly, the way I am built, I cannot use appendix carry. OWB at the 2 to 3 o’clock is about the only way I can carry that is comfortable and reasonably quick.

6 Likes

I carry AIWB using a JM4 magnetic leather holster. very comfortable with a magnetic belt clip. very easy to arm and disarm.
I am sitting most of the day and outside of the house I am in my power wheelchair.
edit: I will also carry in the winter time using a (built for a handgun) fanny pack, under my hoodie or jacket.

3 Likes

OK enough purse jokes. I carry in either a fanny pack or cross body bag. Now, I live in a college town where almost everyone has one so if you are in the Midwest, it might not fly but here it works. I must say I have all kinds of holsters from shoulder to ITW etc, but I find the fanny pack so easy to put on should I go to the store or what ever. Just clip it on!

I love an ITW holster and shoulder holsters (MY fav) but putting them on takes time. For Inside the waist I have to pull my pants down to fit it and the shoulder holster requires a jacket or coat. Just my thought, but if you CAN get away with it in the area you live in, it is one of the easiets ways to carry!

5 Likes

All in good fun my Brother.

No worries Bro. I knew! I have some tuff skin!

3 Likes