Honoring Our Veterans

Thursday, November 11th, is Veteran’s Day. It is the one day on the calendar that is set aside to remember their courage and sacrifice.

There are a number of veterans who work at the USCCA Headquarters, many I consider good friends. I have thanked them and others for their service and many have said they were just doing their job. And many have been uncomfortable with the accolades from people they barely know.

One veteran made a suggestion to help us give more sincere appreciation for their service - ask them what branch they served in. Asked them how long they served. Ask them something appropriate about their service. That way you will get a better idea of why you’re thanking them.

To all of the veterans here, we would love for you to share your branch and the years you served.

While we don’t know you all individually, your fellow veterans at the USCCA have shown us the integrity and courage of the American soldier.

With our deepest regards, on behalf of the USCCA,

veterans6_01072021

42 Likes

United States Navy - 10 Years

Stay safe out there.

16 Likes

USMC - 2.5 years before a parachute accident ended my career.

13 Likes

USAF 4 years

12 Likes

US Army 3 years

12 Likes

Canadian Navy 6 years

12 Likes

USMC - 4 years 4 months

12 Likes

Thank you all for what you’ve done and what you do so that we may have the lives we have. We are forever in your debt.

9 Likes

USAR 18 years, State Military Reserve 4 years.

14 Likes

USN 22 Years 5 months 19 days. Loved almost every one of them!

day day day

16 Likes

U.S Army. '71-'74 + 3 years inactive. 84th engineers attached to 25th Inf. Div. (Tropic Lightning)

12 Likes

Marine Corps

12 Likes

Navy 85 - 09

Cheers,

Craig6

12 Likes

Thank you all for your service! I so greatly appreciate the sacrifices you made, and the time you spent to preserve our Freedom. God bless you!

9 Likes

MIARNG 20 yrs. 84 to 04,12B. :us:
Also Remember 911 challenge

10 Likes

USAF 1983-1992. Elmendorf AFB Alaska and Tinker AFB Oklahoma. Got out and just stayed here.

8 Likes

:rofl:

8 Likes

USAF, 4 years, Weapons Tech., Cannon AFB, New Mexico

11 Likes

Some similarities there. :wink: Reminds me of the book “Thank you for my service”. :rofl:

4 Likes

USMC - 88 to 91

9 Likes