Honoring Our Veterans

Thank you to all who have served :us: :us:

Question to the VETERANS: Will it be inappropriate for me to fly the flag inverted on 11/11/21 to silently protest the mistreatment of your fellow VETERANS by this and past administrations as well as the current forced jabbing of today’s enlistees?

Having never served, other than being a 60’s Air Force brat, I thought asking those who made the sacrifice would be best qualified to provide their opinions.

6 Likes

It’s still a free country. :slightly_smiling_face:
:us:

1 Like

That is certainly one way to protest, probably not the one I would pick. I’m all about respect for the Flag of The United States and the traditions of how it is to be displayed but hey, I fully support YOUR Freedom to speak out any way you see fit.

7 Likes

US Navy Submarines. 1982-1992 10 years

12 Likes

Thank you for your service.

11 Likes

As said previously it’s a free Country.

However I personally would not conflate veterans with the sad state of our government.

Let’s go Brandon

5 Likes

Thank you for the concept of separation for current disgust with Brandon’s admin & saluting the Vets

9 Likes

The United states Airforce 4 years

9 Likes

US Army 27 years…West Berlin 1981-84…
HOOAH!!!

10 Likes

USAF, 12 yrs.

10 Likes

US Navy 4yrs

11 Likes

@Anthony297, @Bernard7, @Mark368, @Olivia1
Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you all here. :us: :us: :us: :us:

5 Likes

Us Army 1967-1968 35th Infantry

10 Likes

@John339 Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here. :us:

4 Likes

Welcome to the Community.
I was in FRG from 76-79. Went on the Berlin Orientation tour but never got stationed there.

3 Likes

Thanks for your service
do you belong to USSVI .com ?
From Jack SSN579 1959-1965
DEEP IN HEART of TEXAS

4 Likes

@Harold_B Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you. :us:

4 Likes

Yes I am a member! And thank you for your service as well!

4 Likes

Personally, I would fly it in the way it should be flown. Top of the pole, waving proudly. Alternately, rather than flying it upside down, you might consider flying it at half mast to honor the brothers and sisters who were wounded in action or made the ultimate sacrifice. The government as it is is unlikely to do this, but you could consider this as exercising your 1st Amendment Freedom of Speech (Expression) while showing that you honor and respect those who “Preserved, Protected, and Defended” your Freedom. Remember that, to properly fly the Flag at half mast, you must first run it up to the top of the pole, than lower it to half mast.

2 Likes

30 years Army/Army reserves. Retired MSG/E8.
A big SHOUT OUT to all of my brothers and sisters that have served to protect our freedoms.
Let remember to keep up the fight against those that want to take our freedoms away!!

6 Likes