Hong Kong Protests

David all of our tax dollars go to things we personally dont believe in. I do not believe in welfare for illegals. abortion, NPR, free stuff for lazy people…and the list goes on. Like you I’m tired of it. However, Freedom is something our founders and generations after them thought was worth sacrificing for. I served for years in several foreign countries primarily to keep them free. I’d do it again with a smile on my face if possible. The young people of Hong Kong deserve our support.

3 Likes

I felt that one bro!!

2 Likes

:+1::clap:

3 Likes

I wish to decide by myself about my taxes…:expressionless:
I do not wish to cover expenses of all criminals in prison… I do not wish to cover nice prison life of rapist or murderers. I’d like to see my taxes to be spent on helping the World to be better place for everyone who deserve it.

But this is my wish only… unfortunately I cannot control this… :pensive:

2 Likes
1 Like

:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

1 Like

Just some thoughts… I wonder how many people would have been saved if the US was a little more proactive before WWII. However, I think it’s unfortunately an economic issue, since the US and China are trading partners… $737.1 billion worth in 2018 (The People's Republic of China | United States Trade Representative). IMO, this also means that sanctions might be very effective on influencing government actions versus… let’s say war.

The US Senate just unanimously passed H.R. 3289 (Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act of 2019) and H.R. 4270 (Protect Hong Kong Act). Although there are many issues related to China’s human rights violations (although we still borrowed billions from them during the Obama administration), there are many other poorer countries that are slaughtering innocents by warlords, etc. It’s unfortunate that we don’t do anything for them… I guess it’s not our problem.

Speaking of tax dollars spent… I think the average American might be surprised to learn how much money we spend on other countries. $49 billion in 2017 alone according to USAID. Here’s a link to USAID’s yearly financial aid (includes military; government website): https://explorer.usaid.gov/

I don’t know how well it shows up on mobile devices, as I’m looking at it on the computer.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I think we need to do something ALONG WITH THE BRITS. ONCE again got to clean up the British mess they made. Thankful for the. First which was us lol

1 Like