Home Security: Without an Alarm

There are a huge variety of home security systems available these days - with an even larger price point variety. However, none of them are free and sometimes other bills just have to come first. Here are some pointers for securing your home without an alarm.

Althought, I would say that an alarm system is still cheaper and would let you sleep more than a Scott A. Wagner’s first suggested option in the article above. :rofl:

2 Likes

My home security system, cost $160 per month in food and treats and toys.

5 Likes

Mine are similar, but I think mine would just be noisemakers. :confused:

2 Likes

We’re putting security film on my granddaughters house windows.

3 Likes

My alarm is of the 4 legged variety… Zee, what is security film for windows?

3 Likes

@Fred_G it’s a film you add to the windows that makes them almost impossible to break. You can beat them with a bat and they’ll shatter, but not break through. It comes in clear and one-way-mirror. Keeps window-breaking bad guys out. The only thing is if you have to break it for fire reasons… IDK.
8 Mil Security Window Film 30" Wide x 6.5 ft. Roll

2 Likes

That’s impressive, @Zee . If you use it on windows that can open, it would make sense. You could just push the window up/turn the crank to open the window in case of a fire.

2 Likes

Its pretty cool stuff. It will eventually yield, but it takes more than a dozen hits, sometimes 16 or 17 to break it, instead of one.

2 Likes

Pretty cool stuff! I bet it looks a lot better than iron bars and costs a lot less.

4 Likes

@Fred_G that is absolutely true :slight_smile:

2 Likes