Home invader shot

6 Likes

“According to FBI crime statistics, a home invasion occurs every 30 seconds in the United States, in other words, upwards of 3,000 invasions per day. This stuff really does happen constantly, and it’s about time people start realizing it could happen anytime, in any neighborhood, to any one of us.”

I call fear mongering “clickbait.” Where people choose to live and their lifestyle determines, in large measure, the likelihood that they will be victims of a home invasion.

4 Likes

Given there are over 130 million households in the US the odds of a home invasion are incredibly small. And if you live outside of the high crime areas the odds are even smaller.

But the odds are greater than 0 for pretty much everyone and the consequences of not being prepared to deal with one should you win that unfortunate lottery are pretty significant.

I haven’t been in an an auto accident in decades :fist::wood: but I still put my seatbelt on every time I hit the road. I feel safer for myself and my family knowing we have a plan to deal with unlikely but highly impactful events like home invasions.

9 Likes

“According to FBI crime statistics, a home invasion occurs every 30 seconds in the United States, in other words, upwards of 3,000 invasions per day.”

Given that the data is supplied by the law enforcement branch of the dems, I’d venture to guess that the statistics are skewed low.

7 Likes

City’s are really where most of those statistics come from…don’t live there crime is unlikely where I live… population 72.,Mostly old and honest.

10 Likes

I agree with you completely however evil travels. It never stops looking for easy prey. Stay strapped even in places like where you live and let the evil bastards bleed out because it’s over an hours drive to a hospital.

PS damn I’ve got a flat and the spare is flat too! Sum-a-biotich……

10 Likes

I carry walking to the mailbox.Mowing the yard…even have one in the bathroom.

11 Likes

Rule of thumb for me, if I’m dressed, I’m armed with it on me, and if I’m not dressed, it’s arm’s reach away. Literally, 24/7, unless I absolutely have to go in the post office or a restricted government building, which I try to avoid.

5 Likes

I identify it as the DMV’s 2nd cousin that no one talks to at the reunion :grinning:

6 Likes

Washington: 522.1 home invasions in 2023. The 4th highest in the nation. With no Castle Doctrine laws too!

4 Likes

Oh man! Hate to hear that! But thanks for reminding me to check air pressure in my spares. :+1:

5 Likes

:astonished: Is that DC or State? Afraid I already know the answer…

2 Likes

Whatcha gonna do, let air out or put some in?:grin:

3 Likes

I recall in my youth my neighbor’s wife getting her purse snatched while getting out of her car one night. The had just gotten home from the mall that was a good half-hour or more drive from their home - the closest one when I lived there back then.

The police determined that the thief had followed them to their home, as the vehicle had driven up their driveway, right behind them. They immediately fled in the vehicle after snatching the purse. We had never had any crime like that before in our town. We used to leave cars and homes unlocked, crime was not a concern.

5 Likes

Train for the possibility, not the probability. :wink:

5 Likes

Well gotta make sure I change out summer air for fall air pretty soon, I may still have winter air in one of them! :laughing:

3 Likes

I’ve been out doing some gardening, trimming, shaping and raking. The full time I was strapped with an extra long T-shirt on to help keep the dirt out. Now to let it cool down and toss all that crap on the burn pile.

2 Likes

Exactly. When I’m doing that kind of work the first two cartridges in the cylinder are snake shot. We have diamond backs, coral snakes and moccasins around here. All the more reason to stay armed 100%.

4 Likes

Gotta know the predator to defend against. For me it’s more the two legged, tobacco spitter vermin or alcohol induced ego builder that needs HPs.

2 Likes